The Holy Grail Of Sauces

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
Papou

The Holy Grail Of Sauces

Post by Papou »

Hokeydokes what would be in your book the Holy Grail of Sauces or should i say marinating sauces for Chicken..The one thats blown you away and left t ya breathless lol....Does one actually exist????..There is a reason for asking offcourse and thats becuase my Young fella reckons one of his mates grilled some chook and it was absolutely to die for ..His words were it had the Holy grail of all suaces basted on it whilst cooking.
Mind you his Good Mate wouldnt part with the recipe, good mate as he may be lol :roll: , so thought ide play it smart and suss it out here :D ..
They say Knowledge should be free dont they???..
Good Better Best
Never Let it rest
Until Your best Is Better
And Your better best
Commander Cody

Re: The Holy Grail Of Sauces

Post by Commander Cody »

....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Mountain Mick

Post by Mountain Mick »

Hi Papou

Try Byron Bay Chilli Companys Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce with Mango. MM :D :)

http://www.byronbaychilli.com/media/com ... banero.png
Image Image
21st century caveman Mountain Mick www.mountaingriller.com
Flippo

Post by Flippo »

I get my wife to get me some Mango Chilli Jam whenever she's in Perth, we first got some over there in Broome on a trip once and it's impossible to find on the east coast, and have it on grilled pork chops. It, according to me, is to die for.
AzJohnnyC

Post by AzJohnnyC »

A bar (pub) here makes these mango habanero boneless chicken wings that are out of this world!
That said, for an ordinary sauce, off the shelf, you can't go wrong with Sweet Baby Ray's. I'm not sure if that's available there. Best bet is to try making your own, writing down exactly what you're putting in it, so you can duplicate it, or make changes as necessary. Start with finding a basic recipe, and add some personal touches to it. Then, when you've found a winner, keep it a secret! :D
Cheers!
Johnny
Bill44

Post by Bill44 »

This is my main marinade for wings or pieces of chicken, is also great for pork.

5 Shallots chopped fine.
5 cloves Garlic chopped fine.
5cm piece of ginger peeled and chopped fine.
1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce.
5 teaspoons Light soy sauce.
3 pinches of black pepper.
3 dashes of Sesame Oil.
1 good pinch of Sugar.
1 good pinch of Salt.

Marinate the chicken for 12 hours. Grill over charcoal, turning often so they don't burn.

I guarantee you will love this.
Bill
Cast Iron Hibachi
Jackeroo Mini Spit
18 1/2" kettle
57cm Kettle
6 Burner Gasser sausage sizzler only.
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce, just can't go past it on my wings, grilled or fried.
Ken
shiska

Post by shiska »

You can buy baby ray's sauces from http://www.usafoods.com.au/
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

This is a reprint of Bryan S's of TVWBB fame.
This recipe has been acclaimed as the penultimate of chicken recipes.
I agree with them

ROADSIDE CHICKEN
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
Mix/shake till well dissolved. I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top. You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2-8 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce. I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5-10 min. Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. Enjoy
EDIT: If you are going to marinate the chicken first, then leave the oil out for the marinade proccess. Make up a fresh batch for basting the chicken with the oil in the sauce.

The link to the post is http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/488 ... 028563/p/1 It makes an interesting read.

Cheers

Captain
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I've used Bryan's Roadside Chicken recipe many times and I've gotta say it's bloody fantastic 8)

And.....

Theres nothing more enjoyable than chasing the flames everytime you splash some of this goodness on the chicken over hot charcoal :D

Ya just can't beat it for grilled chicken pieces and the vinegar in the recipe gives it a really nice tang on the taste buds.

I can sense some more Roadside chicken coming up on my menu again real soooooooooon :lol:

Johnny......I've tried that Sweet baby Ray's BBQ sauce and can get it here locally at a wholesalers not far from me....yeah it's really nice and not laced with sugar....will definately buy again. :D

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
danboya

Post by danboya »

I love the roadside chicken recipe. I use that more than any.

I also love this sauce of Chris'. Just enough spice for me without making The Powers That Be mad

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=237
Danboya

Meat is Murder....Tasty, tasty murder