Liquid Gold "That Green Stuff" Creamy Jalapeno Sauce

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
Noony

Liquid Gold "That Green Stuff" Creamy Jalapeno Sauce

Post by Noony »

Ok, so I have recently returned from a month long business trip to Dallas. Much time was spent as such establishments as Pecan Lodge, Franklins and my favorite lunch venue Mesquite BBQ. So as you can image I was spoilt for Q.

Apart from the BBQ there was another delicacy... Gas Station burritos with Green jalapeno sauce. I could not get enough of these!
Like 1lb of pulled pork with all kinds of deliciousness and only $2.99 Yum. Anyway the thing that made these great was the Green Stuff sauce "liquid gold". Its taken me an age to find the recipe, but finally I did and I am about to share it with your guys. Please don't be put off but the simplicity of this recipe it is unbelievably delicious.

Props to moreplease.com

Jalapeno Creamy Sauce “That Green stuff”
Ingredients
6 large fresh Jalapeños, about 1/2 pound (I used 9 Aussie Coles sized ones)
1/4 large yellow onion (I used brown)
2 large garlic cloves
1/2-3/4 cup Corn Oil, Sunflower oil, OR Grape seed oil
1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
Instructions
1. In a small pot bring water to a boil, enough water to cover the chiles and piece of onion. Simmer the jalapenos and onions for about 15-20 minutes until they change in color and are fork tender, but not mushy. Carfuly remove stems after they cool down a bit and strain some of the excess water.
2. Using an immersion blender, a food processor or a regular blender, combine the corn oil, garlic cloves, strained jalapeños onions and salt.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes using an inversion blender, about 5-6 minutes on a blender or food processor, until it looks frothy, creamy and pale green.
4. Taste for salt, adjust if necessary. Transfer to a squeeze bottle, and refrigerate. It will last for about a week… If you can contain your self!…. Enjoy!
Bronson

Re: Liquid Gold "That Green Stuff" Creamy Jalapeno Sauce

Post by Bronson »

Thanks for sharing, I'm guessing that is a hot sauce ?
Noony

Post by Noony »

Bronson wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 am Thanks for sharing, I'm guessing that is a hot sauce ?
Surprisingly not. My kids eat it.

Through some witchcraft the sauce comes out creamy and good with very little heat.
Bronson

Post by Bronson »

Noony wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:20 pm
Bronson wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 am Thanks for sharing, I'm guessing that is a hot sauce ?
Surprisingly not. My kids eat it.

Through some witchcraft the sauce comes out creamy and good with very little heat.
Thanks Noony,
Will get some of the ingredient's next time I'm in town, and give it a try. I have never enjoyed hot or spicy foods, I think it is, I believe food shouldn't hurt you....except for beer or wine. :D