The RUB

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
steinyboys

The RUB

Post by steinyboys »

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have been making my own rubs and they have been ok, I have tried Nostimini seasoning and really like the flavor works for me, But on trolling this site and looking through the BBQ shops I see these fancy name American Rubs that can cost up to $30 bucks for 250 grams that would barely cover 1 cook :? I have not used any of these yet, Do they make a big enough difference to you food to justify the cost? and if they do out off all the ones out there is there a stand alone go to rub? I suspect I will be wondering for a long time as I just cant see the value in them :roll: :roll:
Mick
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20
urbangriller

Re: The RUB

Post by urbangriller »

Yes, the imported rubs are damn expensive! I always make my own, 250g costs me no more than $6.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

They don't for me...but I am a cheap screw...
steinyboys wrote:...I see these fancy name American Rubs that can cost up to $30 bucks for 250 grams that would barely cover 1 cook :? I have not used any of these yet, Do they make a big enough difference to you food to justify the cost?
Mick
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

wedwards

The RUB

Post by wedwards »

Best rub I've ever used for beef is the good old SPG - salt, pepper, garlic. Any other flavours I want can be obtained through sauce.

There are definitely some great runs out there, but I view them as something to be used sparingly and as an accent to the flavours of the meat.

All comes down to personal preference unless you're cooking in comps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steinyboys

Post by steinyboys »

I agree with you all I really like this stuff great flavor and only 6 bucks

Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20