Carolina Pulled Pork Sauce

SAUCES, RUBS, MARINADES, BRINES ETC
cmariani428

Carolina Pulled Pork Sauce

Post by cmariani428 »

First post, new member...just moved to Oz in May and getting used to your cuts of pork/beef/lamb. Figured I would toss up a simple vinegar sauce that I love. Give it a shot and lemme know if you enjoy. Thanks.

- Chris

Carolina Vinegar Sauce for Pulled Pork

2 cups apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup - tomato sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt - coarse
2 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tsp cayenne
WarmBeer

Re: Carolina Pulled Pork Sauce

Post by WarmBeer »

Looks good, will try it out next time I do a pulled pork. Mmmmmm...

How long do you reckon this sauce would last in the fridge? Indefinitely, maybe, due to all the vinegar?
Dragon Kamado | Weber OTS | Hark (Aldi) Smoker | Rusty Gasser
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

cmariani428 wrote:First post, new member...just moved to Oz in May and getting used to your cuts of pork/beef/lamb. Figured I would toss up a simple vinegar sauce that I love. Give it a shot and lemme know if you enjoy. Thanks.

- Chris
Welcome to the forum.
cmariani428

Post by cmariani428 »

WarmBeer wrote:Looks good, will try it out next time I do a pulled pork. Mmmmmm...

How long do you reckon this sauce would last in the fridge? Indefinitely, maybe, due to all the vinegar?
I have never had it turn on me. Normally I use all of it after 2 or 3 butts. It's quite nice on chicken as well.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

cmariani428 wrote:
WarmBeer wrote:Looks good, will try it out next time I do a pulled pork. Mmmmmm...

I have never had it turn on me. Normally I use all of it after 2 or 3 butts. It's quite nice on chicken as well.
I make a similar thing, it just sits on the shelf getting better and better, got one a BBQ School that's over a year old now!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

It's only when you put something fresh like cooked onion in a sauce you have to worry about shelf life after it's been opened following proper caning
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

urbangriller wrote:
cmariani428 wrote:

I make a similar thing, it just sits on the shelf getting better and better, got one a BBQ School that's over a year old now!

Chris
A bit like your master stock