Broccoli on BBQ

FRUIT N VEGGIES
FlamingDuck

Broccoli on BBQ

Post by FlamingDuck »

Simple and delicious (if you like garlic and broccoli :D )

Place pieces of broccoli inc thinly sliced stalk, on a piece of foil large enough to make into a sealed pouch. Sprinkle finely chopped or crushed garlic over the broccoli (I used 3 cloves of strong garlic for six pieces of broccoli). Drizzle a little olive oil or macadamia nut oil over the garlic and broccoli, salt and pepper to taste. Add a tablespoon of water. Fold up the pouch until it is sealed and give it a shake. Whack it on the bbq, I used indirect heat with the lid down. Takes as long as it would to steam normally (to taste), mine was done in under ten mins, I like it with a bit of bite, not soggy.
Captain Cook

Re: Broccoli on BBQ

Post by Captain Cook »

Good one FD
Like the way you kept it simple and healthy.
What other veggies have you done this way and have you used other herbs/spices using this method. I am a great fan of coriander so I might use it with cauliflower or cabbage.

Cheers

Captain
titch

Post by titch »

Green beans ,Asparagus, spring onions and anything long and green loves this style of cooking.
never tried Broccoli though,thats a must do.
Most of our greens get a light spray of alpha and a tiny touch of salt, sometimes Parmesan (great with green beans )or a touch of Lemon.
very underused way of doing Vegies I think.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
FlamingDuck

Post by FlamingDuck »

Hi Titch and Phil
I like this because it reminds me of a Chinese style of cooking broccoli. I know it is good for me but I don't really like it, unless served like this or doused in sweet chilli sauce.

The pouch/steam method on the bbq I also do with a mix of veg (corn, courgette, peppers, celery, leeks, cauli etc) but use some balsamic and a piece of rosemary in there with the garlic. Lots of combinations and very simple. The trick is the timing or you get a pouch of disgusting sogginess.

Finally found sumach spice here yesterday and picked up a mix called Zatar which i have yet to try. Will report back (previously used Sumach which I bought in Australia, on everything from fish to salads, on hummus etc).

Any new veggie ideas gratefully received. Will try parmesan, only used it on parsnip before.

TTFN
FD
dddp

Post by dddp »

sliced cabbage with butter/marg and ground pepper in a sealed foil bag same method works really well too