G'day from Batemans Bay

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Lovey
Forum Moderator

G'day from Batemans Bay

Post by Lovey »

G'day all, I thought I'd better intro myself after having done a bit of lurking and searching in the past few days.
My real name is Steve, and I live at Batemans Bay on the beautiful far south coast of NSW (for those who're geographically challenged :lol: ), and I'm married with two little tackers who are 3 and 1, hence why it's taken me a while to sign up and post something.
I'm about to make a purchase or two for some new outdoor cooking equipment, hence the amount of research I've been doing lately. I currently have an el-cheapo Kmart Jackeroo 4 burner, which has been going ok for the past few years but I'm starting to discover more limitations with it as I use it more, plus its rusting out rather quickly as well.
Anyhow, I'd better head off as it's time to put the kids to bed, then a Maisels for me :D.
Take care all,
Steve.
titch

Re: G'day from Batemans Bay

Post by titch »

Welcome to the forum lovey.
Good place for information and bullshit.
Its all here . :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Welcome Steve, with 2 little tackers you would have your hands full with not much time for anything else especially at those ages.

Bateman's Bay is a lovely spot I am always tempted to stop there for a week as I travel up and down the coast in the Winnebago.

Good luck with the BBQ purchases.

Cheers

Captain
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Welcome!

I'm not long here myself so it feels kinda odd welcoming someone, but there you go.

What sort of purchases did you have in mind?

Ken
Ken
Lovenutz

Post by Lovenutz »

G'day Lovey,

The only advice I can give you is to try something cooked on your prospective bbq's before you purchase. I always wondered what the big fuss about weber gassers was until I went to the USA and had some steaks cooked on one. I had always thought "It looks the same so it can't be that different" Well wasn't I wrong!!!

I am sure a few of the friendly people on the forum would be more than happy to show you their preferred cooking platforms... and the results of a good cook. I will be opening my door for a few guests when I am in the country a bit more. I am sure I will have no problems converting a few gassers to Kamamdos :lol:

On a side note, I was wondering if you have the same issues I get with the Lovey nickname. When I head to the pub with the boys there is always one cheeky bugger who will call out across the bar at the top of his lungs "Would you like a drink LOVEY?"
The reply "Yes please DARLING" normally keeps them quiet but I am always looking for improvements.

Good luck with the hunting
Days are like waves.. some are good, some are bad... but every one is a gift.
bbqmad

Post by bbqmad »

Welcome Steve

Post a pic off ya new Rig when you get it :)

Glen
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

G'day again, and thanks for the welcomes, very appreciated.
Captain, you should drop in to 'The Bay', or one of the multitude of beautiful spots all around this part of the world. If you want to drop in, let me know and I'll crank up the espresso machine (I love my coffee too).
Ken, I originally started researching on this site for a replacement gasser for my rusting, crappy, el-cheapo bbq, then I stumbled across a few (thousands :shock: ) of posts of the benefits of kettle type bbq's.
I've only had a few things cooked on a Weber in the past. Once by a butcher, once by a master and once by an aspiring master (in that chronological order). I must admit that the efforts of the master and the aspirant more than made up for the efforts of the butcher :D , so a Weber is on the list as well as a gas replacement. I'll post up a specific q about them in the appropriate thread.
Lovenutz , I've had a few funny looks when other blokes have called me Lovey in the past, but I've had this nickname for so long that sometimes people forget my real name :D
Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll be sure to post some pics up of the new additions.
Steve