New Member from Grass Valley WA

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
garthur

New Member from Grass Valley WA

Post by garthur »

Hi

I just joined up after talking to Urbangriller. I live in Grass Valley WA and smoke using an old Weber Kettle (the red colour type). I use a couple of paving bricks to block the heat from the coals getting straight on the meat and use an old cake tin for a water bowl. I use heat beads in my form of the Minion Method with local jam wood and bits of mallee root (when I can get them). I tend to concentrate on pulled pork from pork shoulder and brisket. My results are improving now I have a pocket digital thermometer. I am getting a Maverick Redi Chek ET 732 soon and that should help even more.

I do take the meat out of the Weber when it reaches about 150f and put it in the oven covered with alfoil. I find this takes about 8 hours in the Weber, followed by two hours in the oven to get it to 190f plus. This seems to work. I used to find the meat stalled for too long if I didn't do this. As stated, results are improving.

I often look at this site and have pickke up many ideas from it. I have only just joing. I look forward to learning more. I have also picked up a lot of hints from the amazingribs website.

Happy smoking.

TA

GA
titch

Re: New Member from Grass Valley WA

Post by titch »

You met Urbangorilla and still joined :shock:
welcome to the forum.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
magic1

Post by magic1 »

titch wrote:You met Urbangorilla and still joined :shock:
welcome to the forum.
Cheers.
Titch

lol.

welcome along!
magste

Post by magste »

Welcome mate,

Enjoy it here and don't forget to post photos of your BBQ endeavours.. :D
Magnus
---------------------------------------

A Q, a Keg & a Kettle
garthur

Post by garthur »

Hi

Thanks everyone. I doubt I can get to Victoria in March 2012, but will certainly keep it in mind for 2013.

I will try to remember to get some photos of my cooking and work out how to attach them. I am not the greatest with technology.

I am not happy that my family has me busy so I can't cook this weekend, but the following weekend I will try to get some photos.

We may be coming to Melbourne later this year (around August). I will be looking for somewhere to try smoked meat when there. Any tips welcome.

TA

GA
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

GA

Welcome to the mad world of BBQ'ing as you have probably already gather from meeting the "Griller", he can be very persausive :lol:

Looking forward to your successes

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Hey,, Welcome, I'm a week or so behind on my forum posts......ignore those rude buggars like Titch!

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!