texas smokers

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
mayfly

texas smokers

Post by mayfly »

hi to all, names paul ,im the person who builds the texan bbq smokers that some you you have seen on ebay,im a tool maker ,welder by trade and i thought i would make one for myself ,then got into selling them. have made some big trailer pits too lots of work and welding lol, im definetly not here to plug my buisness just wanted to say hello

cheers
Last edited by mayfly on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: texas smokers

Post by Davo »

G'day Paul,

Welcome to our fold of happy bbqers....great to have you here.

I've seen those smokers that you make and sell on Ebay and they look nice...I was the one who actually posted the ebay link in smokers to show others what I found.

Everyone agreed that they looked like a nice bit of kit.

I don't know if you've noticed recently but there was a big batch of Traeger woodpellet smokers which sold on ebay and there were quite a few here that were the buyers...including myself. They are good gear......now if you could make and design woodpellet smokers, you might just create yourself a market because no-body makes them here and they are very big in USA.
We have in Australia a Mill which makes woodpellets on the North Coast and I beleive that there is another one in the making in South Australia....the pellets are heavily compressed sawdust so all the wood is natural.

Great to have you hear mate and looking forward to many posts and learning about your smokers.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

MayFly
By all means you can make people aware that you manufacture the big Texas smoker in the BBQ Gadgets/Products and Suppliers section of this forum. Especially if you post a few photos, Man that is a great looking BBQ. Some of us are moving away from Charcoal fired smokers and getting into wood pellet BBQs such as the Traeger.
However we speak all forms of BBQ here.

Welcome to the forum, We hope to see a lot more of you.

Regards

Phil aka Captain Cook
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Captain Cook wrote:MayFly
By all means you can make people aware that you manufacture the big Texas smoker in the BBQ Gadgets/Products and Suppliers section of this forum. Especially if you post a few photos, Man that is a great looking BBQ. Some of us are moving away from Charcoal fired smokers and getting into wood pellet BBQs such as the Traeger.
However we speak all forms of BBQ here.

Welcome to the forum, We hope to see a lot more of you.

Regards

Phil aka Captain Cook
Edit - looks like Davo and I were replying at about the same time.

Cheers
Snab

Post by Snab »

Mate your smokers look fkn ace! Keep up the good work
Turkeys were meant to be the dominant species on Earth, but God made 'em too delicious
bbqmad

Post by bbqmad »

G'day Paul

welcome to the fold i'll just follow up on everyone else's comments looks a TOP bit of gear real nice, i have an offset the Bar b chef and as good as that is it doesn't look half as strong as yours - wel done the more real bbq's here the better but if there made here it helps keep money and jobs here too.
Glen
If we weren't supposed to eat animals then why do they taste so good
Weber Platinum
Weber Kettle 22.5"
Bar-b-chef Texas Smoker
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain
mayfly

Post by mayfly »

thanks guys ,really appreciate all your kind encouraging comments about my bbqs,good to see real bbqers aroud,hopefully there will be a day we can have a smoke out ,im new to these pellet smokers im assuming their eletric?ive never used one ,i still enjoy using coal and wood,but they seem to be all the rage,im assuming they cook really well? ps how do you put up pics on this forum,any help would be appreciated thanks paul
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Get photo bucket account, Upload your pics to that from "My Pictures". Then Copy and paste the Img to your post.

I love the look of your BBQ,s They look like a quality product.
I would not mind knowing what sort of quotes you get for freight to SEQ?
Also what kind of prices are you asking?
Pics would be good of all the ins and outs and of any cook outs?
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
paulr
Forum Administrator

Post by paulr »

mayfly wrote:hi to all,im new on this forum just like to introduce myself,my name is paul and i love bbq'inq ,smoking, grilling etc,im the person who builds the texan bbq smokers that some you you have seen on ebay,im a tool maker ,welder by trade and i thought i would make one for myself ,then got into selling them. have made some really big trailer pits too lots of work and welding lol, im definetly not here to plug my buisness just wanted to say hello and maybe catch up and have a big smoke up,great site didint even know it existed till i spoke to chris form the urban griller,really nice guy,this site looks like it has alot to offer and i hope to be able to contribute in some way and catch up with some other bbq enthusiasts in melbourne cheers paul :D
Hi Paul (great name); as the other guys mentioned please don't hesitate to promote your product in the "BBQ Product/Gadgets/Tools Suppliers" section. That's what it's there for!
I didn't realise you are loacte in Melbourne I somehow thought you were in QLD??
Anyway welcome to the board and please share your smoker experiences!!! I've got a Komodo Kamado and should really BBQ more low-and -slow!!!
http://aussiebbq.info/wp - my blog
https://lifesafeast.com.au/cookingclass ... criptions/ - great cooking classes
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Jeez I wish we could get more smokers in Sydney...especially the Southwest...Liv-Camp area.....kinda lonely down here :lol:

hey Paul...hows semi retirement? hehehehehehehehe

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Hi Paul,

Nice to see you aboard!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Nini8r

Post by Nini8r »

Hi paul just wondering if you have a website we can look at your wares ?
Neil
Silver Creek Smokers
Custom Reverse Flow Off-set Smoker
titch

Post by titch »

Pictures.
pictures.
Pictures
Welcome to the site,interested in your product and local to Melbourne.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
mayfly

Post by mayfly »

your on the ball chris , yer thats basically it ,the only difference is the damper in the fire box door,if you see the trailer pit on the link its the same as that ,works really well,
lots of draw if you need it and the temp guages might be different ,cant get that type any more but there all roughly the same

cheers paul