New here

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Allice

New here

Post by Allice »

Hello! Glad to join this community of BBQ lovers.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: New here

Post by Davo »

Hi Alice,

Welcome to the Aussie BBQ Forum however I'm sad to tell you that there's no community here anymore.

This used to be the biggest BBQ forum in Australia but members formed other forums and abandoned this one about 5 years ago due to warring parties.

But on saying that, there's a wealth of knowledge built here on the 8 years it was going strong and you're welcome to browse through all the archived posts. Lots of techniques that were taught and learnt from the time there wasn't much in different BBQ types to the beginning of the pellet bbq era when the fighting began. This place is now in ghost town mode :lol:

If you're wanting a strong community of BBQ lovers with lots of experience and knowledge, head on over to https://www.smokefireandfood.com/forum/

Most of the guys there used to be here and it's a much more modern, more refreshing forum. I'm over there as well and I come here only to see if anyone has joined or posted. I'm the only mod/admin here.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Allice

Re: New here

Post by Allice »

I appreciate that you found time to tell me about all of this. Thank you!