Hi from Central Coast

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
LostAmerican

Hi from Central Coast

Post by LostAmerican »

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting into the site.

I've been in Australia now for many years but just recently got a nice smoker. I'm trying to find a good butcher up here that understands what a beef brisket should be or even some baby back ribs. I know Australia cuts are a bit different than in the US and hence its been hard for me to explain what I am looking for. Does anyone have a good butcher on the Central Coast NSW they would recommend?

Thanks
titch

Re: Hi from Central Coast

Post by titch »

Cant help but I,m sure Costco is in NSW , unlsess your chasing high end stuff.
Google Cape Shank for your area.Superb Tassie Meat.
Welcome to the forum
What smoker did you get?
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi from Central Coast

Post by Davo »

Hi Lost American,

Yes Costco at Auburn in Sydney is where you'd find your bulk meat but not necessarily the best meat, I found with Costco's meat whilst chunky (especially ribs) and where you'd find more familiar American cuts but I also found that you'd either have to freeze them as soon as you get them home or cook and eat them on the day because their "best by date" is usually only 1 or 2 days to go.

There is a good pork butchery on the old Pacific Hwy North of Belmont, or Harris Farm markets in the Erina Fair.

As I don't know the Central Coast that well, if you're on Facebook, join the Weber Kettle Club group as there's quite a few of the members live up there.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5