Hi from Inner West Sydney - need advice

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
sir996

Hi from Inner West Sydney - need advice

Post by sir996 »

Hi all ,Quick intro

54 yo , family of 5 in all 3 kids , 21,18,10 and a dear wife.

BBQ history

First BBQ - - cheap Weber style for coals or wood 1988 to 1992

Second BBQ - 3 Burner gas - no oven top / lid 1992 to 2014 - hardwood frame I think it was a BBQ galore type non descript 3 burner - renovated at least 3 times , changed various grills and components to keep it going - restored the timber work a few times , basically I like not to throw something out that just needs a little love and attention. Besides it had many memories.

Third and current - 4 Burner with oven hood/rotisserie , was going to be a roadside throw out by my neighbour , but I rescued, restored , re did timer and steel work , converted to Natural Gas and have thoroughly enjoyed cooking with it for the past 6 years.

My cooking preferences
All meats (love a damn good steak / Fillet / Lamb though)
Will rotisserie at times various cuts / chickens / pork
Happily do any type of fish
Love a good vegetable and or use the grill / plate for anything you might in the kitchen.

Want to do more

- Oven work
- maybe smoking (light ) do not want a fancy smoker - want to be able to use BBQ if I can - not a priority
- maybe Pizza - again just want a damn good very hot BBQ / Oven

Type / Brand / cost of BBQ required

Not sure , but 4 burner , Natural Gas , (maybe a burner on side) Great oven , Quality name , Quality build , some thing that will last me for another 20 years - so well built and supported with spare parts

- $ range say 1500 to 3000

- size - 4 burner
- under storage / cupboards
- stand alone - not build in
- great at capturing any messy spills of OIL
- will need a recommended mat to stand on.

I was thinking the

Weber Genesis II E-455 Gas BBQ Natural Gas

But welcome the opinions of the group as I would like to buy in the next 2 months

Cheers

Sir996
sir996

Re: Hi from Inner West Sydney - need advice

Post by sir996 »

Hi all 32 views and no response
Have i posted in the wrong place ?
Cheers
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi from Inner West Sydney - need advice

Post by Davo »

Sorry i haven't answered you sir996,

If any Gas BBQ that will last you the distance it will be a Weber and now the Genesis is available in 4 burner form instead of the original 3 burners, for the money you stated, you could get the top of the range plus any other accessories. They have a 10 year warranty and a technician will come out and install it for you to ensure it's fitted properly, especially a Natural Gas version.
Just ask at the Weber shop. Also check out the Weber Summit too.

Have you even seen or experienced a wood pellet grill? You can grill, roast and smoke in these grills and get the true wood taste. The Main Brands in Australia are Traeger, GMG, Louisiana and Yoder with the latter being the most expensive but are really good and have great Australian Support..also built in the USA like Weber, the others are from China but American Companies.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5