G'day from Toowoomba qld

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Woody74

G'day from Toowoomba qld

Post by Woody74 »

Hi.... Never done this, so after all the info. U tube and these forums are my mentor lol. Haven't even got a smoker yet, still trying to figure out which way I want to go yet, so if you can help with that 👍. Cheers woody
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: G'day from Toowoomba qld

Post by Davo »

Hi Woody,

Seems as though Toowoomba has a stack of BBQ shops to check out what's on offer...I guess theres now so many types and styles of BBQs and smokers that it can be confusing.

Do you have any other type of BBQ that you use at all like a Gas grill etc or a Weber kettle?

You mentioned in one of your other posts you were considering an offset and while they'll give you the smoked foods, they can be a bit of a handful if you haven't used one before....

If you're after a Smoker to learn on and that you can either use charcoal )Natural lump) or Heatbeads (coal fuel) I highly recomomend a Weber Smokey Mountain water smoker or Pro-Q which is same design but different brand. I feel the Weber more robust and sturdy but Pro-Q is cheaper....both will feed your large family easily as they have 2 levels.

Pellet grills as I've mentioned in your other post is another option but much more expensive...like around $1700 +/-

Hark make a nice Offset that you might be interested in.

Next Month theres a BBQ Comp happening at Burleigh Heads Gold coast in August https://burleighbbq.com/....might be best to head down for the day and go and talk to some of the tems about which is best to learn on.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5