Thanks for Ad

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Red V Supporter

Thanks for Ad

Post by Red V Supporter »

Keen BBQ’er from Cooma NSW. During my working life I was a “turn and burn” type of cook to feed the family hordes, but now I’m retired I’m exploring the better aspects of BBQ. I have the standard 6 burner and a Weber Family Q that I’ve owned for years but have only just started using. How good is it!!! Looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Regards,
12x7

Re: Thanks for Ad

Post by 12x7 »

Welcome.

A Weber Family Q.

Try a nice thick steak on it.

Try roasting, eg a chicken.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Welcome to the forum Red V,

I was just down your way a Month ago on a Motorcycle trip but we were on the other side of the Mtns at Tumut.....jeez that is nice Country down there, the weather was spectacular and a week later I believe it was blanketed with snow....crazy weather lol

I also have a family Q, great grill.....admittedly I only use it for quick grilling these days, anything larger or for roasting or smoking I use the Weber charcoal Kettle BBQ.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Red V Supporter wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:31 pm Weber Family Q that I’ve owned for years but have only just started using.
How good is it!!!
Looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge on this forum.
Regards,
Go to a reasonable butcher and ask for a 'hand sized piece of Porterhouse' to be cut at least an inch thick. (possibly 350 - 400 gms)

have the steak at room temp, coat it with oil both sides and rub in some grated peppercorns on both sides.
Turn on the weber, get it very hot, place the steak in the middle and close the lid.
At 4 mins, open and turn the steak - (if it sticks to the grill bars it is not done enough so add another minute)
at the next 4 (or 5 if was sticking to grill) mins, lift the lid and remove the steak, put it on plate to rest for 4 mins.
it should be med rare and moist.

After steak has rested - enjoy it :lol:
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Red V Supporter

Post by Red V Supporter »

Thanks for the welcome Davo, 12 x7, et al. Some great m/c runs down around here. I’ll pull the Duke ST out and have a blat, but at my age I’m strictly a fair weather rider these days.

I’ve knocked over a few roasts (amazing pork crackling) on the Weber and yet to have a fail (not counting the couple of failed attempts on the crackling sheets - seperate question asked elsewhere on this forum). Also done a couple of steaks which turned out really well. As it’s only me and the wife now the poor old 6 burner may not get much of a run until the kids / grandkids come for a visit.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.