Hi All

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
shadow_91

Hi All

Post by shadow_91 »

Hey all,

Just thought I'd come here and do a introduction of myself, I'm from western Australia and like all good fathers day I got just what I wanted a kamado Akorn [emoji106] the first cook I'm doing is a 1.7kg lamb shoulder, slow cooking/ smoking at 130 degrees.

Let the slow and low lifestyle begin!!! ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi All

Post by Davo »

Hiya shadow_91

Welcome to the forum, it's a little quiet atm but it's not quite BBQ season yet.

I had a gander at one of those little Acorns at Bunnings the other day.....neat little package for the price....I was tempted ...but I relented coz I had my motorcycle with me....couldn't fit it in the top box :mrgreen:

Hope the lamb shoulder turns out good for the maiden cook-up.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
KateEats

Post by KateEats »

I am also new here and want to know more about bbq. Hope we can get along and have some bbq for some time! :D
shadow_91

Post by shadow_91 »

Davo wrote:Hiya shadow_91

Welcome to the forum, it's a little quiet atm but it's not quite BBQ season yet.

I had a gander at one of those little Acorns at Bunnings the other day.....neat little package for the price....I was tempted ...but I relented coz I had my motorcycle with me....couldn't fit it in the top box :mrgreen:

Hope the lamb shoulder turns out good for the maiden cook-up.

Cheers

Davo
Haha that's gold Davo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12x7

Post by 12x7 »

You did a good job with that pork for a new Kamado owner.

One of the tricks if the crackling is a bit soft at the end is to cook at @150C and at the end open up the vents until the temp gets around 220C and then take the meat out.

It is the opposite way you do it compared to cooking in an oven or on a kettle.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

12x7 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 pm You did a good job with that pork for a new Kamado owner.

One of the tricks if the crackling is a bit soft at the end is to cook at @150C and at the end open up the vents until the temp gets around 220C and then take the meat out.

It is the opposite way you do it compared to cooking in an oven or on a kettle.
Is that right 12 x7? Yeah....I didn't know that.....so you cook it first then ramp up the temp for last minute crackle....jeez....you can see I've never cooked on Komado's lol.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5