Gold Coast BBQer

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
holden4th

Gold Coast BBQer

Post by holden4th »

G'day Everyone

Just joined. I've always been into BBQ and no longer use my oven/stove top at home. For the last 13 years I've had a Weber BabyQ that has served me very well but it's got very tired and the ignition in particular doesn't work as well as it used to. (A bit like me). In looking for a new BBQ I decided I no longer needed it to be portable but still wanted it to be space saving. I wanted something a bit bigger and this left me with two choices - the Weber Q2200 or the Ziegler and Brown Twin. Research, talking to owners and going to both Weber and Z&B dealers helped me decide that the Ziggy was the better choice. Both have excellent reputations for quality and Weber's back up service is legendary. However, accessories are important and this is what swayed me towards the Ziggy, along with the fact that the Q2200 appears to be underpowered.

The salesmen at both stores were very good and knew what they were talking about. When I suggested that the 2200 was underpowered for most of what I cook the Weber guy said go for the 3200. The Ziggy guy, when he heard about my living situation was blunt. He said "I am encouraged by the company to sell the most expensive BBQ and you are looking at the Triple but I am also allowed to decide what is best for the customer. You don't need more than the Ziggy Twin." This sort of approach encourages loyalty.

So after 13 years I've jumped ships. I put the BBQ to the test tonight when I cooked a thick NY cut rib fillet. This required a bit of modification of the cooking ideas that Z&B propose but it worked well if not perfectly. I could have stopped cooking two minutes earlier to get a true medium rare but this is all learning curve country. Tomorrow - pork belly - can it outperform my glass convection oven!

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from this community.
titch

Re: Gold Coast BBQer

Post by titch »

Seems like you have it under control
Welcome to the forum
Its a bit quiet but has a lot of information
Cheers
Titch