Just joined

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
droopylee95

Just joined

Post by droopylee95 »

Hello U.S. guy here wanted to see how you guy bar-b-que down under. See what recipes you use down there.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

titch

Re: Just joined

Post by titch »

Welcome to the forum,
What part of the states and whats your local q?,pork,ribs,brisket etc
Cheers
Titch
droopylee95

Post by droopylee95 »

titch wrote:Welcome to the forum,
What part of the states and whats your local q?,pork,ribs,brisket etc
Virginia mostly pulled pork. I prefer ribs. Lot of Carolina bar-b-q viniger base

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

titch

Post by titch »

Cool, glad to have you,
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

G'day & Welcome droopylee,

We do/did have a few from the US of A on the forum forum time to time but have drifted off to other places, this forum was the very first Australian BBQ forum started back in 2008.

old dave who still comes here is the cobb master from the US and still posts his great content.

There's some great content in the forums from all those years and we talk about many types of BBQ from the humble Weber Kettle, to Komado, Offsets to smokers like the WSM.

Our Traditional meat cuts are quite different to what it is in the US and it's taken some time for butchers to get accustomed to the cuts you guys use, especially now that we've got a fast growing Competition circuit in Australia that had only began about 4 years ago but has more than quadrupled in that time.

I think also, the animals we eat tend to get butchered earlier in life than they do in the States. Lamb in particular which is not huge in the US is very much a staple meat here in Australia.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Welcome Droopylee.... I reckon you’ll be able to teach us a bit about bbq. As an aside I am liking this cool book that was part of a recent Weber purchase ‘Weber’s American Barbecue’ ... good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit