We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Ronny

Post by Ronny »

Howdy all,

New member here from Brisvegas. Just picked up a Weber family q after not having a bbq since getting rid of the rusty 6 burner over a year ago.

Getting back into the bbq side of things and seeing what I can cook.

Have done steak and ribs so far and already learnt a few lessons. Having a crack at short ribs this afternoon.

Thanks and look forward to all the advice
mymonaro

Re: New Member

Post by mymonaro »

Welcome Ronny to the forum. Great to read that you have become a Weber Family Q owner.
Regards,
Geoff "also a Weber Family Q owner"
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: New Member

Post by Davo »

Welcome Ronny,

I'm also a Weber Family Q owner....they are a great unit.

Did you buy the trivet for indirect cooking with your new Q? It's important to use these for when you want to roast and slow cook...also did you buy the half hotplate, these are really well made and get real hot for sizzling..I use mine regularly.

Weber once again revolutionised the BBQ world when they introduced the Weber Q just as they did when the Kettle was born, the secret to their success is lid down grilling, not many BBQs can accomplish this due to the way they are ventilated and can only roast at medium temps but Weber can high heat grill with lid down and once you get to trust this concept, you'll never look back, all the flavours will be with the meat not up in the atmosphere.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5