Hello from across the ditch!

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
oxcart78

Hello from across the ditch!

Post by oxcart78 »

Hello to all from over here in NZ.. I finally purchased a Weber Q 3200 (All Black or course)
I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community..
Cheers
mymonaro

Re: Hello from across the ditch!

Post by mymonaro »

Welcome from across the ditch. Happy bbqing with a Family Q.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Good bbq choice.

Post some photos of your cooks.

What do you like to bbq. Lamb chops, sausages, streaks?

Or do you like to roast with your Weber Q?

Or maybe seafood?

NZ has excellent beef.
oxcart78

Post by oxcart78 »

Thanks, I will post some photo's of my cooks soon. I'm about to have a go with a smoker box I have just made..hickory wood chips should flavour up some chicken breasts well.

I have had the BBQ for about three weeks now and have done a pork roiled pork roast, 3 chicken roasts, sausages, lamb chops, chicken drumsticks, veggies (asparagus has been really good!!) and even French toast for breakfast. Seems like there is nothing these bbq's cannot do!👍😎
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Hi & Welcome oxcart78,

Yes I have an earlier Q320 model and they are a top BBQ.....easy on the gas, gets bloody hot....I had mine up to almost 400C the other day to burn off some crap from the grills.....you can buy a rotiserie for them now...something i want to do with mine.
With a half hot plate included, you can use it like a conventional BBQ with the lid down to keep those flavours around the food...not up in the atmosphere....and it sizzles awesomely.

Good buying mate....you'll have fun with that Q3200...that's for sure!!

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

oxcart78 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 am Thanks, I will post some photo's of my cooks soon. I'm about to have a go with a smoker box I have just made..hickory wood chips should flavour up some chicken breasts well.

I have had the BBQ for about three weeks now and have done a pork roiled pork roast, 3 chicken roasts, sausages, lamb chops, chicken drumsticks, veggies (asparagus has been really good!!) and even French toast for breakfast. Seems like there is nothing these bbq's cannot do!👍😎
Wow!. Someone is really enjoying their Q. Can't wait to see what you cook for Christmas!
oxcart78

Post by oxcart78 »

Haha..we will see what can be done for Christmas..
Cooked a pork belly tonight too...not too bad. 😎
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

Welcome aboard. Whereabouts in the land of the long white cloud are you? I am an expat living over here. I have fond memories of an old charcoal bbq cooking in the carport in the rain in sunny Dunedin.
oxcart78

Post by oxcart78 »

Brilliant! I remember the same thing from back in the day...rainy day, garage door up and dad running the charcoal BBQ..
I'm in the sunny Hawkes Bay..
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

oxcart78 wrote:Hello to all from over here in NZ.. I finally purchased a Weber Q 3200 (All Black or course)
I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community..
Cheers
Welcome oxcart78. I’m a recent member and really enjoying the forum, photos and good natured banter.

My nephew is from NZ but he is living here now. He’s from the Sth Island - Ashburton. Great place NZ - amazing natural scenery.

Anyway - enjoy and have a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit