Hi from Byron Bay

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Arnie Whobbin

Hi from Byron Bay

Post by Arnie Whobbin »

We have a new Weber Family Q. We've had a bbq before but did little with it until it rusted away. Had the Weber for a couple of weeks and so far have used it five times. I'm finding this forum just brilliant for tips that simply are not in the Weber instructions. I'm quite a decent cook but the Weber is a whole new way of doing things so I am taking small steps right now. Just wanted to say thank you so much for all the effort put into this site, it has been invaluable to me in my start up situation. So tonight, roast pork. I've read the hints and tips and noted the heat instructions (which I find is most lacking in the Weber blurb) so fingers crossed that this will be as good as the other things I've done so far. Thank you again!
12x7

Re: Hi from Byron Bay

Post by 12x7 »

Welcome. A new bbq. Just the thing as we approach summer.

Post some photos from of your cook. Lots of people have gas bbq’s but proportion wise not as many people seem to post photos. Maybe they think people wouldn’t be as interested as other types of bbq?

Always nice to see people’s cooks. Basic to complex are all good.
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Welcome 12x7 to the forum. When I started out with my Weber Family Q back in 2012 I too used this website for lots of help. From cooking pizzas to roasting chickens.
Bronson

Post by Bronson »

Welcome to a laid back place where all bbq types and brands are welcome, look forwarded to seeing a cook up or two.
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

How did the roast pork go?
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Welcome Arnie. I agree it's a good place to get hints and tips and I also find out a lot about different types of BBQ's. Enjoy! :)
Powderdigit
Arnie Whobbin

Post by Arnie Whobbin »

Ah the pork was great, as was the steak, chops, roast veg and the roast chicken was sublime. So very moist. I pack under the skin of the breast with butter and herbs before roasting and that seems to keep the moisture in. I've only just seen the responses to my post so apologies, I was not ignoring you I will aim to get some photos up of my cooks as I agree, photos are good to help spur along the conversation. Thanks everyone for the welcome.