Distiller from the New England

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Distiller

Distiller from the New England

Post by Distiller »

Hello all, thank you for including me in the forum... I run a distillery in Kentucky ... in the New England Highlands of NSW... I have a brace of webers, and a Kamado Joe... Big Joe...most of my BBQ is for our restaurant...but love sparking it up midweek for fun too....I have come to the realisation that a Distillery, Brewery and a Kamado ....are all any man needs in life....oh and a dog or two.
Distiller
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Distiller from the New England

Post by Davo »

Wow.....didn't know till now that we have a Kentucky right here in NSW hehe Welcome to the forum Distiller.

I take it that this place you have is called Pinot just south of Uralla? I go through Uralla when I go to see my Sister at Inverell via Thunderbolt's way.
http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/co ... distillery
It's great that you've incorporated BBQ in your business and one day I may visit when I'm up your way again.
Hope you will be a regular here, we like to see the results of your menu and to see what you like to cook for fun :D

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Good to see BBQ is well and alive in country NSW.

It can get mighty cold around your ways. Having some hearty roasts in winter hits the spot. Where do you get your charcoal from? Do you get it it shipped in bulk eg Sydney or Brisbane or drive up to Armidale?

You probably have an interesting story about why you ended up cooking on a Kamado.

A few pictures of some of your cooks and suggested local wines would be great to see.
Distiller

Post by Distiller »

Davo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:45 pm Wow.....didn't know till now that we have a Kentucky right here in NSW hehe Welcome to the forum Distiller.

I take it that this place you have is called Pinot just south of Uralla? I go through Uralla when I go to see my Sister at Inverell via Thunderbolt's way.
http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/co ... distillery
It's great that you've incorporated BBQ in your business and one day I may visit when I'm up your way again.
Hope you will be a regular here, we like to see the results of your menu and to see what you like to cook for fun :D

Cheers

Davo
Yes Davo... Pinot is our restaurant...but mostly what we do is distilling... I hope to provide the restaurant with a weekly selection of BBQ meat for our ploughman's platters etc.
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Welcome! I’m new around this forum too - it’s a good place to chat. Sounds like your distillery with a ploughman’s lunch would be a good place to chat too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

Welcome dock what took you so long