Hello From Cheltenham

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Noony

Hello From Cheltenham

Post by Noony »

Hey All, just dropping in to say hi.

Based in Cheltenham and have been Q'ing for a while now including dabbling in KCBS comps.

Just ordered a new pit (Proq Tubby). unfortunately it involves a 10 week wait :(
Hoping to find some other Tubby owners that can confirm its as awesome as I think it will be :)
Attachments
TUBBY-STRAIGHT.jpg
TUBBY-STRAIGHT.jpg (250.09 KiB) Viewed 9044 times
AntinOz

Re: Hello From Cheltenham

Post by AntinOz »

That looks awesome. Not sure if you will find many owners in here, so we may all be watching to see how it works for you!
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

No recollection of anyone having one of these but there has been a number of cabinet type smokers on here before, mostly the Hark brand which people are quite happy with. They would be an ideal type smoker for those who live in an apartment complex where the use of charcoal may be prohibited.....especially in the highrise or newer apartments.

cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Bronson

Post by Bronson »

Davo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 am No recollection of anyone having one of these but there has been a number of cabinet type smokers on here before, mostly the Hark brand which people are quite happy with. They would be an ideal type smoker for those who live in an apartment complex where the use of charcoal may be prohibited.....especially in the highrise or newer apartments.

cheers

Davo
I think you will find these are a charcaol burning unit, just looked at them on the Pro Q FB page and that door down the bottom is setup in a snake method in the slide out tray.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Ah yes Bronson, I had to have a gander too, it's a reverse flow cabinet smoker and yes it's a charcoal one with the channel charcoal type tray....very nice and i can imagine it wouldn't be cheap.
You'd have to pass a lot of meat through there to make it a worthwhile investment, maybe a bit of overkill for usual backyard BBQ but it'd be awesome to use in a comp environment.

In just a few short years, the amount of BBQ equipment available now in Australia is astonishing, the Competition circuit that's being popularised in Australia the last 4 years have certainly brought out some fabulous goodies and pressure on one's bank account :lol:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Noony

Post by Noony »

Thanks All..

Will be a bit of a change from my normal bbq's, but its perfect for chucking on a couple of briskets.

Seeing these things run in comp is magic. They hold the temp for like 20hrs on a single basket. I'm going to use my Ciberq for overnight cooks but its prob overkill.

Here is a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E9Sit28T_4
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Wow! Here I am working out my next bbq and bang - here's Noony dropping this number on us all. Gutsy and ace. I am looking forward to seeing this story develop. Well done Noony! Call me superficial but apart from the great food you'll produce with this number - I reckon it'll be a pretty cool and relatively unique piece of kit. I'll look on with interest. Cheers.
Powderdigit
Noony

Post by Noony »

Powderdigit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm Wow! Here I am working out my next bbq and bang - here's Noony dropping this number on us all. Gutsy and ace. I am looking forward to seeing this story develop. Well done Noony! Call me superficial but apart from the great food you'll produce with this number - I reckon it'll be a pretty cool and relatively unique piece of kit. I'll look on with interest. Cheers.
Thanks Powerdigit,

If there is enough interest I will document the season and first cook.

Whichever way I am expecting amazing home brisket and Butts to die for
Noony

Post by Noony »

Est Delivery is now early December :(

Cant wait
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

You're patient too - again well done - should be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

Hmmm, Cheltenham... not so far away, better guard those briskets when you start using this!
Noony

Post by Noony »

AntinOz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:28 pm Hmmm, Cheltenham... not so far away, better guard those briskets when you start using this!
Ah funny,

I have just bought a house in Lyndhurst Will be moving in early Jan. Even closer ;) Will have to keep an eye on the full packers.
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

Noony wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm
AntinOz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:28 pm Hmmm, Cheltenham... not so far away, better guard those briskets when you start using this!
Ah funny,

I have just bought a house in Lyndhurst Will be moving in early Jan. Even closer ;) Will have to keep an eye on the full packers.
Which estate in Lyndhurst?
Noony

Post by Noony »

AntinOz wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 pm
Noony wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 pm
Ah funny,

Which estate in Lyndhurst?
Marriott Waters
AntinOz

Post by AntinOz »

Noony wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm Marriott Waters
That is pretty close. I am in Mellington, the one right next door.