Introduction

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Fyffey

Introduction

Post by Fyffey »

Hi, thanks for the add, I'm new to offset smoking and just recently purchased my first, a Hark Tri-Fire. Done a couple
Mods so far, heat management plate, sealed up the Christmas money and cooking chamber lid. Looking forward to working out best way to do long burns with maintained temps.

Cheer David
C.B & S.

Re: Introduction

Post by C.B & S. »

Hi and Welcome David,
I am sure you will find a bucket load of info in the forum to browse and assist your cook ups.
While this is not my specialty, I am sure some members will assist you where they can.
Hope you enjoy the forum.
Cheers,
Russell.
"Keeping Smoking Simple" (c)
Aldi Smoker. Camp Chef 18" Smoke Vault/ Masterbuilt Thermo-Temp XL--( All Gas )
Z & B 4 burner Turbo Classic
Maverick ET-7/72.Thermoworx Smoke
Yoder Kingsman & Other BBQ gear for HIRE.

Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

G'day David and welcome aboard.
Russell is on the money, there's heaps of info and helpful people on the forum to help you out. I don't have a stick burner, but I believe that is one reason that people get them as they require a lot of tending during the cook. It's a primeval thing about fire 8) .
One thing I might suggest if you want to manage the temps a bit better without constantly adjusting the vents, is to use some sort of temp controller, there's heaps of different types available with varying price tags to match.
All the best,
Steve.
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

Welcome David

Looking forward to seeing some of your cook ups,

Cheers L