Hi from Nsw

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Lewis

Hi from Nsw

Post by Lewis »

Hi just saying giddaay from Central west nsw
Great forum you guys have here,been reading posts and getting info for a long time,
I love outdoor cooking,I have a baby q a webber q (3100) a big rotisserie plus camp ovens and a fire pit in the back yard,
I use the spit once a week and the webber most nights,it's only recently iv been getting the full use out of the webber,after reading post from this forum and how good they actually are,this week I Cooked a loin pork roast that came out unreal,sausage rolls with the ground up left over pork loin which I wasn't overly happy with,the webber cooked them really good I just need a better recipe for those,I cooked tandoori pizza yesterday from the webber recipe site which was very nice,but I'm having trouble with cooking bread in the webber,that's a work in progress trial and error with the heat,I brought an after market temp gauge for the webber Q so maybe Il have a victory with the bread today
Thanks for listening
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi from Nsw

Post by Davo »

Hi there Lewis and welcome to the forum,

Glad you joined up after lurking for so long :D

I've never cooked bread in the Q however you'll need a trivet and either some doubled up foil to sit the trivet on or one of the newer Weber grill foil sheets.
The idea behind this is to create an indirect heat source so that it becomes like an oven, the heat works itself around the foil and up to the lid then cooks from the top as if roasting...but seeing as you've already done a roast in yours, I'm assuming you've already got a trivet of some kind.....they are like a cake rack with thicker bars to withstand the heat and weight of roasts and are used to keep the food away from the cast iron grill grates and reduce the chance of burning.

Hope you hang around and post a few pics of your cook ups, including those from the spit.....you can now send your pics to a file on your puter and place them directly onto the forum using the attachments tab at the bottom of reply page. If the forum rejects it, then the pic might have to be resized for the forum to accomodate it.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Lewis

Re: Hi from Nsw

Post by Lewis »

Thanks for the welcome davo,
I do use the conventional tray from webber and the trivet aswell,but I used the babyQ to cook the bread in and I couldn't get the heat high Anough for some reason,the bread was still nice but cooked on a higher temp would've been much better,ithe temp was around 210 when I put the bread in the Q but temp dropped to around 170 and didn't get back up to 220 where it was supposed to be,It was windy the day I tried cooking the bread and the bottle was low (small gas bottle)and since then iv put the bigger bottle on the webber and the temp was up around 280,I'm going to cook another loaf but on the webberQ next time and see how that goes
Thanks again for he welcome davo
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (57.51 KiB) Viewed 4304 times