Plenty to share!!

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Meat Addict72

Plenty to share!!

Post by Meat Addict72 »

Hi all, my name is Brett and im a smallgoods maker from Adelaide, I have been looking for a place to share what I have have learned over the past 20 yrs. I love Charcuterie and smallgoods, Its my job, my hobbie and my passion. I have developed many recipies and methods over the years, and I have allways guarded these, but I feel its time to share, and what a great place to start! I have a broard base in smoking, curing, fermenting, mincing, emulsifying, fresh snags and so on. I use what iv learned at work to apply at home. I started a post on Charcuterie Smallgoods thread, but its gone quiet. You can find my 1st recipie Cheese and Bacon Kranskys there. I have tons of photos, but due to my total inability to use a pc, im still working out to post pics. cut, copy ,paste, url, I dunno il get there! Look forward to sharing, cheers!

https://web.facebook.com/brett.larsen.9 ... 753&type=3

https://web.facebook.com/brett.larsen.9 ... 753&type=3

well this is the best I can do for now, and my son had do do it!!!!
Salt it, cure it, smoke it, ferment it, mince it, emulsify it, dry it, roast it, bbq it!!!!!!!
Groovy Gorilla

Re: Plenty to share!!

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Its a shame this forum has gone so quiet because what you know and are willing to share would be a great resource.
Im interested in a traditional fresh Italian pork and veal sausage recipe
and a Merguez I had some great ones in France
Virtually a halal chorizo using similar spices but lamb instead of pork in lamb casings
A good chorizo recipe would be a great one to have too
A proper Irish pork breakfast sausage recipe would be good too
chilling while grilling
Meat Addict72

Post by Meat Addict72 »

At work I Make a mild Italian, Merguez, fresh, smoked and air dried Chorizo, and English Cumberland, and Cambridge sausages. Il get back to you soon, and Il see what I can come up with.
Salt it, cure it, smoke it, ferment it, mince it, emulsify it, dry it, roast it, bbq it!!!!!!!
Swamptrout

Post by Swamptrout »

Hi MA72. Love your facebook links.

Good to have another member with a wealth of knowledge.

I am keen to try making jerky. I ordered a dehydrator and have a recipe i am yet to try but like the sound of.

However i have no idea what cut of meat to use. Any thoughts ?
Meat Addict72

Post by Meat Addict72 »

We use Silverside at work, if you seen my photos, I use the Silverside eye Round. Its called Gerello in the supermarkets. Its cheap and a bit on the chewy side, so perfect for jerky. I cut mine with the grain, instead of against the grain because I like my jerky really chewy! Topside is another cut people use, but generally that gets used for snitzels.
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

The recipes Ive seen for the Italian pork and veal dont use much more than salt, pepper, garlic and white wine.(maybe some mace)
The trick was to soak the garlic in the white wine overnight to "cook" it and remove the raw taste.
Its the portions that I would like
chilling while grilling
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

I was going to make a chou farci

French stuffed Savoy cabbage one recipe required pork sausage as the stuffing
I was going to make my own un skinned pork sausage to stuff it
Using pork mince salt garlic in a splash of Cognac and some Quatre épices and letting it develop some flavours for a few days before using it

http://theepicentre.com/spice/quatre-epice/
chilling while grilling
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Finally got around to making it
Magnificent ,I absolutely loved it.
Pork/Sausage mince worked out well garlic,cognac and quatre épices.
chilling while grilling