New member from WA.

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Borg74

New member from WA.

Post by Borg74 »

Hi all,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Boyd and a rank amateur at this barbecue caper. Became interested after a few visits to the States and realised what an amazing world of culinary delights was within my grasp. Have since read a ton of bbq books and info online, trying to get a little knowledge before practice.

Found out about this forum by attending the Urbangriller bbq school two weeks ago. What a great day. Cheers Chris.

I produced some ribs on the weekend using what I learnt at Urbangriller by using my old '96 Weber kettle. All I can think of now is bbq! My family now think I'm a bbq genius! It was like a spiritual act, setting up my process, checking on temperature, lazing around with a beer, watching the smoke gently wisp out the vents. Bliss.

I will most likely look at getting a smoker, have my thoughts set on a GMG Daniel Boone, seems to be user friendly and fairly clean, a consideration as a don't have a big back yard.
Any thoughts on options would be greatly appreciated.
Look forward to future chats and learnings with all here.
Boyd.
MadDocker

Re: New member from WA.

Post by MadDocker »

Good luck with it Boyd.

How was the bbq school? Good for all kinds of cooks or directed more at beginners?

What a job also!! Teaching people how to took a bbq over a few cold ones. Some people really must love going to work. I hate those guys.... haha
Borg74

Re: New member from WA.

Post by Borg74 »

It's hard for me to say whether it'd benefit more experienced barbequers, MadDocker. Chris would be the best one to ask. He may see this and comment.
It was a good day either way. I'd advise going with friends and be prepared to eat plenty of meat! I know that once this class has been attended, it allows you to attend an advanced class. I'll look to go to this. If only to eat!
Different bbq's used and different methods shown. It helped me out.