G'day from Mascot, NSW

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
gragra_downunder

G'day from Mascot, NSW

Post by gragra_downunder »

Hi everyone. Just a quick intro. I'm a 66 year-old retired engineer interested in cooking outdoors. But as a vegetarian, I like to bake bread and pizza as well as snags, occasional steak and mince patties. Just discovered that using a flat-top bbq for teppanyaki-style cooking can be achieved with an inexpensive flat-top barbeque. So I'm keen to post questions around these varied cooking styles. Great to be here.
Bear

Post by Bear »

A vegetarian that likes to cook snags, steak and mince patties joining a bbq forum.... is this a joke? If so, hilarious.

If not, welcome :)
Charcoal: 22.5" Weber OTP 2000 | Wood Oven: Al Forno Piemonte R8 | Portable: Weber GA 2006
Gasser: NG WeberQ 320 | Rotisserie: Gaganis custom dual spit | Smoker: 18.5" WSM 2004
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: G'day from Mascot, NSW

Post by Davo »

Hi gra gra and welcome to the fold.

You're a vegetarian yet you eat snags, steak & mince? Or someone else in your house does?
There are some great alternatives around these days and veggies lend themselves great on a grill or hotplate like sweet potato slices, zucchini goes great as does asparagus....also eggplant slices topped with salsa and mozzerella cheese.....chinese green like bok choi can be grilled successfully....all delish.

Hope you hang around and enjoy the forum.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
steinyboys

Re: G'day from Mascot, NSW

Post by steinyboys »

What no meat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Never!!
Welcome going to need to teach you about MEAT, it's what we do lol
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20