Rockhampton/Cq area

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
geneclark77

Rockhampton/Cq area

Post by geneclark77 »

Gday guys n gals.How we all doing? J ust wanted to say Gday and see if there are any other fellow cqites around? Ideally I'd love to be able to find a group of like minded ppl that would be keen on a bbq related get together every now and then.I'm only new to all this but oh so keen too burn some meat.I built a wood fired pizza over from scratch (not kits for me) and have learnt to wack out pretty fair pizza and roast from it so decided to give smoking a crack. Have been making ham/bacon,snags and smallgoods for approx 8 years but thinking smoking/cooking brisket etc is my next challenge
Gumb

Re: Rockhampton/Cq area

Post by Gumb »

Welcome to the forum gene. I'm not sure if we have many up your way but who knows. I hope you enjoy your time here.
geneclark77

Post by geneclark77 »

Thanks gumb.
Yeah probably not but you never know as you said.
Gotta say im loving the forum but. HEAPS of info and tips to be had. You guys doing an awesome job
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Thnaks, glad you like it. I've been up your way - I work for Quest and we have a new building up there. Nice steak meals at the Crtierion Hotel. :D
geneclark77

Post by geneclark77 »

Yeah they don't do a bad steak at the Cri.But if you want a damn fine one check out the Great Western if your ever up this way again.probably the best steak in cq,after mine of course :D Being the Beef Capital you'd think it'd be easy to great awesome beef up here but alas it's usually all sent down south or o/s :( .
jims

Post by jims »

I'm in Blackwater, and looking at buying a place in Gracemere.
Dragon Kamado w/ QMaster Lite - Just add alcohol!
geneclark77

Post by geneclark77 »

Gday Jim.
My in laws live in b/water.If you get to G/mere let me know and I'll fire up the wfo :D