hi from adelaide

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
wayno81

hi from adelaide

Post by wayno81 »

Hi Everyone...

i am new here....i currently have a pitboss 850 pellet smoker and a pro smoke dragon kamado....

have only just got the dragon kamado and plan to season it during the week before attempting pizza on it next weekend
Cobblerdave

Re: hi from adelaide

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
I’ve got an acorn jr, they are a great piece of kit kamados but you’ll have a step learning curve as they are hard to drive.
Pizza turns out well. I use my defector on the grate, a cheap round cake trivet on that then your pizza stone on that. This way the top will cook before the bottom gets burnt.
Pranging a raw pizza is a common problem. I use a Weber pizza stone as it comes with a metal plate that fits on it. You can build a pizza on the tray then put it effortlessly on the stone. They sell spare trays as well.
Me I’m an overloaded Aussie pizza guy so I’m using temps of 500f and expecting about 15 mins till cooked. Temps of 650f to 700 f will get this nepolise minimal topping style pizza cooking in 90 secounds.
I listen for the sound of the cheese starting to sizzle through the top vent. Soon as I hear that it’s off least it burns.
Check out you local coles/ woolies as the sell chilled pizza dough balls depends on the store.
Hope something here might help
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: hi from adelaide

Post by Davo »

G'day Wayne, Welcome to the Aussie BBQ forum, sorry i can't help with anything Komado related as I've never driven one :lol:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5