Hi from Brisbane

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Frankw91

Hi from Brisbane

Post by Frankw91 »

Gday

New member from Brisbane south side

Knockabout dad and General lover of BBQ. Try not to discriminate against gas as it has a time and place

Over the years when I’ve been researching threads have popped up on here and I decided it was time to join

I’m in to a bit of everything at the moment. Roasts, roto birds, burgers, chops and fish steaks in the kettle. Easy option for a crowd I’ve found is a few chooks on the spit

Much the same on the mobile bbqs… Always good to get out of town for a hilltop or waterfront breakfast on the Q or some charcoal burgers, the kit is always packed and ready to go :D

The Genisis… well… we live in a townhouse and it’s windy some days :(

Smoking wise the last 3 years has been mostly briskets, pork butts and hot links but I’m really keen on starting on ribs, lamb and loving the look of competition style chicken thighs.

Really interested at the moment on getting smoking on the kettle, seems like a nice easy option just to run a couple of racks of ribs so I’ll be on the lookout for threads about this

Seems like the Slow n Sear, glazes and rubs come hand in hand in this so that’s another interest at the moment

Cheers
Frank
Frank

Jumbo Joe
Go Anywhere
Performer
WSM 18”
Genisis
Q1200
Q2200
Jumbuck medium spit
(Very keenly thinking of adding a WSM 14” so feedback on that lil cutie would be great)
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi from Brisbane

Post by Davo »

Crikey Frank, as Weber Fanboys go, you leave me for dead in the equipment stakes(not just steaks)

Welcome to the forum

Tis a bit quiet in here these days.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Frankw91

Post by Frankw91 »

Thanks Davo. Good to finally be out of the lurking shadows
Frank

Jumbo Joe
Go Anywhere
Performer
WSM 18”
Genisis
Q1200
Q2200
Jumbuck medium spit
(Very keenly thinking of adding a WSM 14” so feedback on that lil cutie would be great)
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Sorry I've not answered much earlier Frank, yes the Genesis is a mighty Gas BBQ and is one that I'd buy if I could not buy a Charcoal or Pellet grill.

One of the original members of this forum, known around the traps as Captain Cook had cooked 6 full chickens on his 3 burner Genesis when they used to be east/west burner configuration all at once using foil and trivets as you would with a Weber Q. He used to do demonstration cooking for Weber in Melbourne over 15 years ago. He probably still cooks on the same grill although he has many BBQ toys...bit like you.
For their size, they have massive BTU power.

Yes strata townhouses and Villas can have a lot of restrictions pending their bi-laws in regards to charcoal grilling. Being sort of closed in a living environment can upset neighbours if you're not careful. When I was living in Newcastle, NSW I was in a town house and had an undercover awning which was great as I could BBQ in rain, hail or shine, even during a storm but every time I start the kettle or WSM, every window around used to slam shut :lol: Oh well....they were probably vegans anyway :lol: :lol:

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5