Couple of questions about the Q

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
redman

Couple of questions about the Q

Post by redman »

Hi,

Just a couple of questions about the Q... have the Q220 and it's been going great so far.

- Tried cooking some marinated chicken wings on the Q, what's the best way to cook them? I tried them on a sheet of foil (to avoid everything dripping through the grill bars) however just end up with the marinade and drumsticks sticking to the foil.

- Will hash browns (the deli-bought type) cook okay on the grill bars? I tried some on the breakfast plate today however they seemed to just stick to the plate and ended up having to scrape them off...

cheers
titch

Re: Couple of questions about the Q

Post by titch »

Grab a silicon BBQ sheet,they work a treat.
Thicker the better in my opinion.
They can be picked up cheap on Ebay or shop around.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers
Titch
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

redman wrote:Hi,

Just a couple of questions about the Q... have the Q220 and it's been going great so far.

- Tried cooking some marinated chicken wings on the Q, what's the best way to cook them? I tried them on a sheet of foil (to avoid everything dripping through the grill bars) however just end up with the marinade and drumsticks sticking to the foil.

- Will hash browns (the deli-bought type) cook okay on the grill bars? I tried some on the breakfast plate today however they seemed to just stick to the plate and ended up having to scrape them off...

cheers
Hi Redman, welcome to the forum.
Wings and other meat marinated with a high sugar content marinade are always a problem direct grilling. The problem is the sugar boils at medium temps and then burns, at lower temps it caramalizes turns into toffee and then sticks to most surfaces.
Easily fixed problem. Cook the wings indirect (use the foil and trivet method) 3 strokes below high on the Q220, should take 20 - 25 minutes for wings 25 - 30 minutes for drumsticks.

Hash browns come out ok if you do them on a Teflon grill sheet, you can pick them up from woollies or Coles for about 10 bucks. I have been using these for 6 or so years, the first one lasted 4 years, still using the second. I don't use a breakfast plate. Always a good idea to give the hash browns a light spray of canola or veggie oil before cooking, and season them before cooking, they come off much better tasting.

Cheers

Captain.
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

Bunnings have teflon for $9.00 dont know the quality