The Snake Method (thanks Kevin)

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
steinyboys

Re: The Snake Method (thanks Kevin)

Post by steinyboys »

Been doing the snake for long time and I am happy with the results not sure how reliable Lump would be around the kettle :roll: :roll: :roll:
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20
chriso

Post by chriso »

One type have an accelerant - don't use the easy light ones. The other ones are fine for the snake method.
O2zi3 wrote:this thread is really old but i want to chime in

heat beads are pregnated with an accelerant to burn....its why u are supposed to leave them a while before cooking on them. I would not recommend this method with the branded heat beads unless u want to contaminate your food....lump charcoal go for your life
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

heat beads are pregnated with an accelerant to burn....its why u are supposed to leave them a while before cooking on them. I would not recommend this method with the branded heat beads unless u want to contaminate your food....lump charcoal go for your life
So the Minion method used by so many people around the world to cook low and slow with heat beads is wrong by that estimation ?
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Where is the evidence for this misleading statement?

If you are talking about the smoke you get when lighting Heat Beads with a flame, it is a product of the flame igniting the odourless vapour they give off, if Heat Beads are lighting from each other they do so at a lower temperature and the vapour does not ignite, there is no smoke and no smell!
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!