Recipe Books

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Heyman_526

Recipe Books

Post by Heyman_526 »

Hi I was wondering if I can get some help please? I haven't actually cooked on a BBQ before but I am looking forward to learning more about barbecuing. I was just wondering if there were any recipe books with all sorts of recipes with different degrees of difficultly? I am looking for Australian and American BBQ specifically.

Thank you very much 😊
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Re: Recipe Books

Post by Lovey »

G'day Heyman,
when you say 'BBQ', what do you mean?
You mentioned American and Australian BBQ, which are normally very different. American BBQ is usually 'low and slow' cooking secondary cuts of meat over low temps for long times, whereas a usual Australian BBQ is grilling over a flame (Americans refer to this as broiling).
The Weber kette cookbook is a great resource and provides some great inspiration, and you can find heaps of outstanding cooks and cook ups on this forum as well.
Good luck with your efforts,
Steve
Michael_Dunn

Post by Michael_Dunn »

I'd recommend a good read of this site:

https://amazingribs.com/

you might find one type of BBQ-ing interests you,
which should help in purchasing books and/or
google searches
Heyman_526

Post by Heyman_526 »

Lovey wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 am G'day Heyman,
when you say 'BBQ', what do you mean?
You mentioned American and Australian BBQ, which are normally very different. American BBQ is usually 'low and slow' cooking secondary cuts of meat over low temps for long times, whereas a usual Australian BBQ is grilling over a flame (Americans refer to this as broiling).
The Weber kette cookbook is a great resource and provides some great inspiration, and you can find heaps of outstanding cooks and cook ups on this forum as well.
Good luck with your efforts,
Steve
Hi Steve I'm sorry for the misunderstanding what I am looking for is a mixture of American and Australian barbecue recipes so I can do a slight comparison to see what I like better. And hopefully I can grow my knowledge and skills as I go along. Thank you I will have a look
Heyman_526

Post by Heyman_526 »

Michael_Dunn wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:24 pm I'd recommend a good read of this site:

https://amazingribs.com/

you might find one type of BBQ-ing interests you,
which should help in purchasing books and/or
google searches
Thanks Michael I'll check them out cheers