Rubs and sauces from specialty shops

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Seanie2020

Rubs and sauces from specialty shops

Post by Seanie2020 »

Just wondering has anyone tried the rubs or sauces from Bunnings or specialty BBQ shops like BBQ Galore?
I normally get my rubs and sauce from Costco or supermarket, and notice the price in these shops listed above are much more expensive, but do they make the flavour much better for the extra $$?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Rubs and sauces from specialty shops

Post by Davo »

Depending on where you live, and I'm guessing you're either in Sydney or Melbourne, go and check out some of the Major BBQ shops like BBQ Aroma in Leichhardt or some of the Weber stores in Moore Park shopping centre and Bankstown home improvements although i didn't see many in Bankstown. I found that Costco didn't have much in the way of dedicated BBQ rubs but they do sell Mr Yoshida's Wing & ribs sauce which is a huge favourite at my place and of course there's Sweet Rays which i'm not a fan.

One of my favourite rubs would have to be Mad Hunky all purpose rub, made in the US but is available here through BBQ Aroma.

https://www.bbqaroma.com.au/pantry-meats-meat-rubs.irc

BBQs Galore has quite a few nice rubs and sauces too.

Or get a book and make you're own like the yanks do......many tutorials on Youtube.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
zgrillsoz

Re: Rubs and sauces from specialty shops

Post by zgrillsoz »

If you're down in Melbourne and keen to make your own rubs, you should definitely check out String and Salt in Warragul. They've got a range of different spices and salts. Again, they are not exactly a BBQ shop, but my go-to sort for high quality spices