Wagyu Rump - Low and Slow Advice?

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Sarcastic_Smoker

Wagyu Rump - Low and Slow Advice?

Post by Sarcastic_Smoker »

I was browsing the local butcher when I came across some Wagyu rumps for quite a low price. I thought to myself "This must be some pretty average meat for 8.99kg... But hell, I'll risk it to say I've tried it." Perhaps it's because of the meat's low Marble Score, which is a 2...

Anywho, I plan to smoke it this weekend. It's over 3kg but it's not a huge chunk, more of a long cut. If that makes sense. Should I treat it like every other cut? Normally I would brine it with some salt and sugar, leave it over night, spice it up the next day and cook/smoke it til it hits a certain temperature, where then I would cover it and continue cooking til it reaches the next required temperature. Basic stuff.

Anyone got any pointers? Cheers.
nic0

Re: Wagyu Rump - Low and Slow Advice?

Post by nic0 »

How did it go? Sounds like a great cut of meat. I would of just done salt and pepper and cooked it low and slow until is was medium and served with a red wine jus, potato rosti, green beans and some roasted tomatoes.