Whole Fish - this time

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
RichT

Whole Fish - this time

Post by RichT »

I'm new to this :D
Since buying my Kamado Joe last month I'm 'on a run' of experimenting with different things. Started with ribs, beef roast (supermarket job no special cut or anything), two pork shoulders ( also supermarket cuts)... ALL turned out great for a first timer. Learnt a lot though that's for sure.
Now for a crack at a whole snapper this weekend. Anyone tried this ? is there something I need to know ? .....was thinking about smoking deflector plates in nice n low etc ? bad idea?
" I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel ... " - Stuart Pearce
12x7

Whole Fish - this time

Post by 12x7 »

Whole snapper is great in the KJ. Deflector in, low fire. You can cook direct on the grill. I also like to cook it on foil so it cooks in its own juices. A bit of butter, garlic and ginger.
GoofballMcFunky

Re: Whole Fish - this time

Post by GoofballMcFunky »

DONT FORGET LEMON!!!
I like to make kinda boat thing out of alfoil and put the fish in it, make a lid thing for it and when its about read take the lid part off and let some of the smokeyness get in it
mind you a weber is bit different but same kinda premise, check the seafood section theres heaps of info for ya
happy grilling

Oh and looking forward to seeing some pictures too
Beer and BBQ, nothing could be better!
Weber Compact on ghetto stand, Weber original 2 family and a BabyQ on a toolbox stand.
Michael_Dunn

Post by Michael_Dunn »

interesting whole salmon in a kamado here:

http://smokefireandfood.com/forum/index ... the-akorn/
RichT

Post by RichT »

Michael_Dunn wrote:interesting whole salmon in a kamado here:

http://smokefireandfood.com/forum/index ... the-akorn/
Yeah great! like the idea of standing it up like that ....might pinch that idea I think Cheers Michael. Something similar to Goofball's and 12x7's technique was what I was thinking originally. Maybe I'll do two 8) ...and compare ?
" I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel ... " - Stuart Pearce