Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
smoky

Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post by smoky »

Hey guys,
Newbie here. I've done a total of 2 roasts in my Weber kettle (only had it 2 weeks). Next up is Beef Short ribs. I'm thinking around 275F for 4 - 5 hours should do the trick. Does this sound about right?

For a relatively short 'low and slow', would you advise using the snake method?
Muppet

Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post by Muppet »

I cook them at 250F but I'd dare say you will get away with 275F.
Definitely use a snake. Your timing sounds pretty good although shorties are done when they are done. The meat will probe like butter with a skewer, no resistance.
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Commander Cody

Re: Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post by Commander Cody »

yeah agree muppet,

it should work at that temp it is with in the 25f give or take range that works at 250f.

be patient............as Muppet wrote they are ready when they are. could take a little longer than your desired time so give your self some more time, and if they are ready before you need them, you can always double wrap them in foil and your wife's best doona 'till you wanna eat them.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
smoky

Re: Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post by smoky »

Thanks Guys. I'll start earlier, as per your suggestions. Might skip the doona part or it'll be my ribs in the weber next.
Muppet

Beef Short Ribs - Snake?

Post by Muppet »

If the doonah is a no go, try an esky with her best towels ;) She will love you so much you get to keep the towels :)
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi