Sides/accompaniments for Smoked Brisket

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
stengord

Sides/accompaniments for Smoked Brisket

Post by stengord »

Howdy everybody
I'm set to smoke a small brisket on my offset smoker for dinner tomorrow (second brisket I've done). Having a few friends over.

I was wondering what other sort of side dishes everybody prepares for the brisket.

I was thinking of doing some chicken wings as a sort of appetiser and usually when smoking I throw some prepared whole corn on, buttered and wrapped in its husk to cook. But I'm stuck for ideas on what would compliment the brisket.

Thanks,
Jai
SilentBoB

Re: Sides/accompaniments for Smoked Brisket

Post by SilentBoB »

Mac n cheese, potato salad, coleslaw, any other salad or green stuff...
burb

Post by burb »

Hey Jai,

I'm a big fan of serving my brisket with collard greens, cornbread and either a potato salad or a coleslaw.

Here's a link, a bit down the page for pics: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14962&p=145719
steinyboys

Post by steinyboys »

HI m8 you gota check this out from the BBQ pit boys scalloped potatoes yummm-o are you hungry yet ??

http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/scalloped ... iCDo-b9-Vh
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

What sort of flavours are you putting on the brisket? This could have bearing on the side dish.

I saw one of the rolled briskets going cheap in coles the other day so figured I'd have a play and unroll it. Went the tex mex route, cumin, coriander, garlic, oregano etc (then into the Traegar), did it with a salad of blackened corn (done on the gasser), avacado, grapes, lime, cherry tomatos etc etc.

Made some flat bread (the very simple but fool proof natural yogurt and self raising flour), and here you are, yummo.

Just something I do sometimes, food for thought (no pun intended).

Wazza

Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner