SNAPPER

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
chrisg

Re: SNAPPER

Post by chrisg »

:)

Pretty much the foiled pic, mix in the cavity, leave the head on, about an hour on the kettle, it's snapper, I love the smoked idea but if you have not cooked one before the simple foil cook will work, beautifully.

I need to go find a nice whole fish now :)

Cheers
bobbbq

Post by bobbbq »

smoking jim wrote:Check this out Dane, This is one i did a while ago.Exelent result
Cheers Jim. Image
That looks superb Jim! I noticed you had a temp probe in the fish, what internal temp did you aim for? I'm thinking high 50's to 60C??
Bob
Weber OTS, Weber GA, Weber BabyQ, Cobb, Turbo 4 burner gasser
the dane

Post by the dane »

Have to admit it was unbelivable tasty! & it was the first huge fish I have ever cooked! Plated up 6 servings for 6 adults! & there was Heaps of left overs!!
the dane

Post by the dane »

Serving up

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
the dane

Post by the dane »

And can not belive how much meat was left over! Do I freeze cooked fish or make a curry or patties!

beaver

Post by beaver »

fantastic effort!!
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

the dane wrote:& by the way shayne, its under general & iam asking for help! If you want to be a Tool, dont read it when the next person responses to my post!!!!!!!!!! I am quite sure there would be a million other post's here under the wrong headings!!!!!! But if u want to Dob
:shock: Huh :shock: :roll:

Uncalled for response :roll:

[Edit- And I don't appreciate being called a "TOOL" :x :x . An apology is on order here........................... :x ]

the dane wrote: So HOW DO I COOK THIS in a weber kettle? ? I know to cut the head and tail! But what else, do I do for flavour and cooking times! I plan to cook tomorrow night (no room in freezer) have invited 4 friends over! And would I cook with full heat or low heat??? Have never cooked a fish like this before!
Um, I could be wrong but this OP sounds like a cooking question..........

Mate, its clear to me you have never sacrificed "YOUR" time as a moderator here, shuffling threads around that have been carelessly started in the wrong section.

I have, and its bloody frustrating :x .

If a post really stands out like Dogs B***s, these days I will flag it, and or report it and let the current mods shift it.

An organized forum is a wonderfull thing, makes it easy to find stuff days, weeks or years down the track. :wink:

Oh, and BTW. Your Snapper looks fantastic. It looks BBqed to perfection. Yummo :P

Shayne
Last edited by shayneh2006 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
smoking jim

Post by smoking jim »

bobbbq wrote:
smoking jim wrote:Check this out Dane, This is one i did a while ago.Exelent result
Cheers Jim. Image
That looks superb Jim! I noticed you had a temp probe in the fish, what internal temp did you aim for? I'm thinking high 50's to 60C??
Around 55-60c. bob
Jim
Bradley BTDS108CE-6.Bradley Propane Smoker.Kamado Royal.Webber 1982 Kettle.Anuka.Home Build Pellet Pooper,Bob Grillson 2014 Premium with WiFi App.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

shayneh2006 wrote:
the dane wrote:& by the way shayne, its under general & iam asking for help! If you want to be a Tool, dont read it when the next person responses to my post!!!!!!!!!! I am quite sure there would be a million other post's here under the wrong headings!!!!!! But if u want to Dob
:shock: Huh :shock: :roll:

Uncalled for response :roll:

the dane wrote: So HOW DO I COOK THIS in a weber kettle? ? I know to cut the head and tail! But what else, do I do for flavour and cooking times! I plan to cook tomorrow night (no room in freezer) have invited 4 friends over! And would I cook with full heat or low heat??? Have never cooked a fish like this before!
Um, I could be wrong but this OP sounds like a cooking question..........

Mate, its clear to me you have never sacrificed "YOUR" time as a moderator here, shuffling threads around that have been carelessly started in the wrong section.

I have, and its bloody frustrating :x .

If a post really stands out like Dogs B***s, these days I will flag it, and or report it and let the current mods shift it.

An organized forum is a wonderfull thing, makes it easy to find stuff days, weeks or years down the track. :wink:

Oh, and BTW. Your Snapper looks fantastic. It looks BBqed to perfection. Yummo :P

Shayne
I'll leave my response about this for a day then delete it...

I'm in 2 minds about this.....occassionaly a member might have to ask an urgent question hoping to get a super urgent answer, if he places it the general forum, it's probably more likely to generate an instant response where the cooking question area might get overlooked by someone just glancing through.We can move it later, providing it doesn't become a habit bbut we would prefer it to go into Cooking questions as this topic is.

If theres no urgency to the question, then yes, this spot here in questions about cooking is where it should go.

Shayne did a magic job shuffling around topics into their rightful areas when he was Mod...so I can see where he is coming from too.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
the dane

Post by the dane »

Cheers Shayne & Davo all good:mrgreen:
It stared as a look what I got, then into a how do I cook! Was never a recipe! In the end I filled it with tomatoes, onions, apples, oranges, lemons, herbs, wine, garlic, pizza topper, oil! Anything goes!
Cheers guys

Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

the dane wrote:Cheers Shayne & Davo all good:mrgreen:
It stared as a look what I got, then into a how do I cook! Was never a recipe! In the end I filled it with tomatoes, onions, apples, oranges, lemons, herbs, wine, garlic, pizza topper, oil! Anything goes!
Cheers guys

And Mr Snapper went out of this world in style :D
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
bobbbq

Post by bobbbq »

smoking jim wrote:
bobbbq wrote:
Cheers Jim. Image
Around 55-60c. bob
Jim
Thanks Jim, appreciate the response. :)
Bob
Weber OTS, Weber GA, Weber BabyQ, Cobb, Turbo 4 burner gasser
the dane

Post by the dane »

Just came across this old post it was amazing cook up never done it again since. Then again I've never had a free snapper that big since
smoking jim

Post by smoking jim »

Hi Dane .
Just having a bit of a look and it brought back some good memories , son and his wife are at port Philip bay every weekend and having a good run on snapper there will be more fish either smoked or baked soon.
Cheers Jim.
Bradley BTDS108CE-6.Bradley Propane Smoker.Kamado Royal.Webber 1982 Kettle.Anuka.Home Build Pellet Pooper,Bob Grillson 2014 Premium with WiFi App.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Dane, Wow, even back in 2004 you were drinking XXXX.

Smoking Jim. Nice to see some of the original forum members posting.