Chilli Chutney recipe for mrjack

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
gnol

Post by gnol »

Hey mrjack. I've been a bit late with the recipe but have finally made it.
Hope you get to make some.
I've tried it a few times and I reckon it will be a winner with pork ribs.
mrjack wrote:
gnol wrote:Some quick cheap meat.

Tried some of my homemade nectarine chilli chutney. Slathered a lot more on after the pic.

Nom nom

Don't suppose you'd care to share your nectarine chili chutney recipe? An orchard near me is selling nectarines at $15kg for a 7kg box.
That's a lotta chutney.
Nectarine Chilli Chutney.
Makes about three pint/500 ml Jars

8 Cups peeled sliced nectarines. (I did not peel)
2 tsp salt
2 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
1 ½ cups red wine vinegar (I used normal vinegar)
¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce (I used Maggi seasoning)
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 small green capsicum
¾ cup lime juice (I used lemon)
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 chilli pepper such as Jalapeno. (Adjust for taste. I used 6 Thai chillies and about 6-10 slivers of 3 year old Naga)
2tsp crystalised ginger chopped
1 cup raisins
1tsp ground mixed spices

1. Combine nectarines and salt in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2. In a large stainless steel saucepan combine brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in nectarines and return to boil.
Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until nectarines are transparent, about 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer nectarines to a bowl. Set aside.
3. To the saucepan, add onions, lime juice, garlic, chilli pepper, ginger, raisins and mixed spice. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Return nectarines to saucepan. Boil gently over medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir till mixture is thick enough to hold its shape on a spoon. About 20 minutes. (mine was thinner).
Put in jars and process in a water bath for 20 minutes.
mrjack

Post by mrjack »

Gnol, you are a champion. This looks awesome.

Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together and posting it.

Can't wait to make it and will post pics when I do.

Cheers,
Bria
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Awesome share. I have a nectarine tree outside my back door and they are ready to go. Thanks