Kamado Recipies - Look no further

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Card Shark

Kamado Recipies - Look no further

Post by Card Shark »

For those who have not seen these books before, they are a yearly recipe summary of things cooked from specific BBQ events across the US. The first on the list is a ripper. CS

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cookbooks.htm
Captain Cook

Re: Kamado Recipies - Look no further

Post by Captain Cook »

Card Shark wrote:For those who have not seen these books before, they are a yearly recipe summary of things cooked from specific BBQ events across the US. The first on the list is a ripper. CS

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cookbooks.htm

CS
Thanks for that, What a treasure trove of recipes, From my quick glance most of these can be used on most BBQ types so they are not only a great resourse for ceramic BBQ but for all'
lets ask Davo to make it an announcement and lock it so it is easily found.

Great work mate

Thanks from all the forum members for sharing that.

Captain
Last edited by Captain Cook on Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beermee

Post by beermee »

Yes, that's got every recipe you'll ever need! (when you through all the years)... BUT, don't tell my wife though, or I'll get banned from buying anymore cookbooks....

The Naked Whiz is a great resource - full stop:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm

The "Ceramic Cooker FAQ" is worth a read!

regards
Gary
Note that: Gary is posting on the Aussie BBQ Forum as: 'SmokeKingBBQs' (as a vendor) and 'beermee' (as a personal account)

Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Yeah guys, i'll move it to recipes and make it a sticky when i get to my main computer.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Davo wrote:Yeah guys, i'll move it to recipes and make it a sticky when i get to my main computer.

Cheers

Davo
Thanks Davo on behalf of the forum members. CS did a great service to us all in posting that.

Captain
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

CS is the quintisental all round dude to know :P
Just kidding, Thanks Sharky, thats a huge log of info.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Cheers to the folks who put those together. Something to consider for future comps here.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Card Shark wrote:Cheers to the folks who put those together. Something to consider for future comps here.
Yes, Big time. Dually noted
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Jester

Post by Jester »

Cheers to the folks who put those together. Something to consider for future comps here.
I went to the Eggtoberfest in 2010. It's a very different type of comp.
- Big Green Egg supply all the cookers and they're sold at the end of the event
- Anyone can book an egg to cook on, and you give out the recipe and samples to attendees who vote
- Its only for bragging rights - attendees get the prizes
I tried to recreate a few recipes I sampled at the event (even buying some ingredients while I was over there to bring back with me) and it was pretty clear they had tweaked the recipes. Why would they share - they're getting nothing for it and Its judged on the food served, not the recipe. As an attendee, you have to wait around all day and queue for samples. We got sick of it after a couple of hours and went to find a real BBQ joint which wasn't too hard in Atlanta.

Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Good you had a chance to go and experience one of these Jester. Had you used a Kamado before? What do you normally cook on?

Seems there is some kind of event like this on over there every other weekend. As for the recipes I think you will find generally most don't publish exactly how they do a dish leaving up to the individual to develop their own version with ingredients they like.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Yes, I had at the time recently bought a big green egg. I was over there for a wedding so we took a detour for it thinking I'd learn more at one of those rather than another comp. In hindsight, I should have gone to the Jack Daniels invitational. Though I did get to meet Dr BBQ!

I think you're right about recipes - find the ideas you like and tweak them to your taste and techniques.
Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!