Interesting Road safety idea!

Anything else NON- BBQ
urbangriller

Interesting Road safety idea!

Post by urbangriller »

Last edited by urbangriller on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
niko123456

Post by niko123456 »

I liked the Onions headline: "Because nothing says keep your eyes on the road like a giant video screen distraction"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Gumb

Re: Interesting Road safety idea!

Post by Gumb »

Next thing you know they'll have ads running on it. Bad idea in my book.
urbangriller

Re:

Post by urbangriller »

niko123456 wrote:I liked the Onions headline: "Because nothing says keep your eyes on the road like a giant video screen distraction"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yep....and that's why we are never likely to see it on our roads!

There is an accident in front of the truck....what are you watching? The accident on the screen, or the braking truck in front of you?

This needs to only be visible at safe driving distance....even then, that's only part of the answer!

You'd have to legislate to ban advertising (good luck with that!).

.......interesting thinking though!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

I personally think its a fantastic idea.

( just as long as there are no adds of course )

Even if it saves one life.

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

I really doubt it would survive in the real world even if the trucking companies were willing to wear the expense, which they would not unless legislated.

It's very cool tech but not going to go anywhere.

We are closer than many think to the driverless phenomenon but before we all turn in our licenses there is likely to be the emergence of the truck cohort. It has been being worked on for a number of years now, essentially a convoy, all manned but the entire "train" is under the control of the lead driver who is swapped out on a roster to have a fresh alert pilot in control.

I guess in the US on the interstates and in Europe for that matter I can see it, not so sure in Australia but with all due respect to any long-haul truck drivers this country really should be using a LOT more rail and get the damned trucks off the road in the first place. We are hub and spoke, trains do that far more efficiently than trucks - trouble being of course that the history of rail in Oz and different state gauges etc is somewhat of a disaster. One that is only slowly being overcome.

Cheers