WA - BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Anything else NON- BBQ
Idofish

WA - BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Post by Idofish »

Hi crew,
I'm Travelling to Perth for a wedding next weekend with the wife and no kids :D and will be staying a few nights in the cbd. As the title states I'm hoping there is a bbq restaurant that anyone can recommend? We have a hire car so can travel a bit. Any help appreciated!
chrisg

Re: BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Post by chrisg »

:)

I live in Perth but I am not the best to guide you, others will chip in I'm sure.

Urbanspoon is always a good start though:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/338/100006/ ... estaurants

Palsaik Namoo I can personally vouch for, going again week after next, very good Korean, but some of the reviewers have obviously never set foot in an Asian city :)

There are some more American places deeper in the CBD that others will be better able to comment upon :)

Cheers
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

Hmmmm............ sadly nothing springs to mind for me, sorry.

There's a heap of places that sell some sort of bastardised version of pulled meat but nothing I'd recommend.
Chrisg's suggestion looks like a chance, I've earmarked it for a look when I get back.

Cheers, Wayne
SilentBoB

Post by SilentBoB »

There's a few BBQ food vans that do the rounds but as far as low n slow BBQ restaurants go Perth is pretty lacking.

Had a few people rave to me about Meat Me in the City in the CBD but I went the other week and found the pulled pork to be pretty dry. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day? They are only open weekdays though I think?

As far as ribs go Tony Roma's seems to be popular... I like the ribs at Santa Fe if you are into Mexican food... There's also Lapa's which is a Brazilian BBQ restaurant if you feel the need to unleash the inner carnivore... Not overly impressive but all you can eat meat!
Nath

BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Post by Nath »

This place is coming. Saw them on Instagram. Looks like they might be doing the right thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath
alimac23

BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Post by alimac23 »

Hi, there are a couple of new places in the city, my favourite by far is old faithful, proper Q and whiskey

http://www.oldfaithfulbar.com.au
Grillnoob

Re: WA - BBQ restaurants in Perth / Freo

Post by Grillnoob »

Nice price for BBQ there
Wanna be good, fine print says no kids after 5pm
Hamish

Post by Hamish »

Whiskey and Hop Hog on tap at Old Faithful is the goods, last 2 times I've been though, the Q has been sub par - tough, sinewy ribs and tough brisket. Hope they turn it around as it's a great place to spend an afternoon!!!
I 'Cue BBQ
Olsen Brand Charcoal Aficionado "hotter than a shower with your cousin"

Hark Tri Fire - 2011 Weber OTG - 1983 Weber OT (work in progress) - Cadac Charcoal Pro
Instagram: @icuebbq
Grillnoob

Post by Grillnoob »

Hamish wrote:Whiskey and Hop Hog on tap at Old Faithful is the goods
Mmmmmm anything Feral brews is one of my faves