Wifes??

Anything else NON- BBQ
pierre

Wifes??

Post by pierre »

I often read of wifes controlling finances and having to approve every little purchase on this forum, is it just an attempt to be funny or what? It's not even funny anymore just a little bit sad if it is true. I just read of a guy having to grill ribs for one when the wife was out, maybe she criticised his food before? :cry:
beachbums

Re: Wifes??

Post by beachbums »

HI Pierre, I think you'll find it's all tongue in cheek stuff. A bit like how some people refer to their wives as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) This sort of humour seems to be across all the forums.
With no facial expressions, It's hard to "read" the intent of posts sometimes and the humour falls flat. With the ribs post it looks like he was giving himself a bit of a treat while the missus was out.

Cheers, Wayne
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

and some wives are little Hitlers when it comes to hubbys buying something to enjoy :mrgreen:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
beaver

Post by beaver »

with all sarcasm there is always an element of truth.
I nickname my wife the minister of war and finance.
my wife really enjoys my cooking (brags about it to her friends) but gives me hell every time i buy a new tool for cooking (which she indirectly benefits from).
she keeps me in check but sometimes there are illogical aguments especially considering that i compete in competitions and run a community surrounding my hobby
edgy

Post by edgy »

Agree, I think it's tongue in cheek.. Unless you really are that stupid and whipped, then you deserve what you get. :lol:
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

If the wife didn't control the finances, we'd be living in a car. All my money would be spent on crap we don't really need.
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Round here its team work
Wife doesn't have shopping addiction which is good,neither do I
We have similar goals and work towards them
If we are to buy something its for mutual benefit (fair enough)
The key criteria is does it improve our lifestyle.
She likes to do the numbers.
I dont.... but can.
chilling while grilling
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Are you Married Pierre?

:roll:
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

yeah, well I'm a real man. When I want something Ill tell the wife And just go get it 8)
To hell with the mortgage and food on the table!

Smokeys famous last words
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

Smokey wrote:yeah, well I'm a real man. When I want something Ill tell the wife And just go get it 8)
To hell with the mortgage and food on the table!

Smokeys famous last words

It was nice knowing you Mick.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

You may not hear from Mick for a while ....no internet in the doghouse :mrgreen:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Nath

Wifes??

Post by Nath »

Mine is pretty supportive of the habit, once went halves in a Kamado with me, the rest are my purchases so doesn't have a choice:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

No probs here.

She buys new rubs & sauces all the time "to try" and has no issues with the ever growing collection of Weber kettles.

A few years back when I saw the blue ones, and just had to have one, her comment was "well, you got your bonus this month, spend some of it on the blue Weber, it is a nice colour after all, and you'd better buy a cover to protect it" Who was I to argue?

Actually, come to think of it....she was the one who bought the Aldi smoker for me too.....

She won't use the chimney, If I set the charcoal baskets & fire lighters up in the morning, she'll light it up while I'm on my way home, so it's ready to go when I get in the door.

Her friends all moan about their husbands (and ex-husbands) over lunch at work, while she just pulls out a container of pulled pork & microwaves it to make a sandwich....then all the requests come in...
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
pierre

Post by pierre »

urbangriller wrote:Are you Married Pierre?

:roll:
Yes and actually it's me slowing down with the purchase of one more bbq :lol:
pierre

Post by pierre »

Mixin wrote:No probs here.

She buys new rubs & sauces all the time "to try" and has no issues with the ever growing collection of Weber kettles.

A few years back when I saw the blue ones, and just had to have one, her comment was "well, you got your bonus this month, spend some of it on the blue Weber, it is a nice colour after all, and you'd better buy a cover to protect it" Who was I to argue?

Actually, come to think of it....she was the one who bought the Aldi smoker for me too.....

She won't use the chimney, If I set the charcoal baskets & fire lighters up in the morning, she'll light it up while I'm on my way home, so it's ready to go when I get in the door.

Her friends all moan about their husbands (and ex-husbands) over lunch at work, while she just pulls out a container of pulled pork & microwaves it to make a sandwich....then all the requests come in...

With all due respect, it sounds like she's the boss :twisted: