Robot Vacuum cleaners?

Anything else NON- BBQ
beachbums

Robot Vacuum cleaners?

Post by beachbums »

Hi All, Waaaaay off track for BBQing but has anyone had any experience with Robot Vacuum cleaners? Just curiousity more than anything else.

Cheers, Wayne
Gumb

Re: Robot Vacuum cleaners?

Post by Gumb »

Yep, I love mine. I looked at several and did a lot of checking on Whirlpool etc. I got a Neato VX 21. I've got friends with a Roomba and others with the LG but this thing beats them hands down for suction power. The cheap robots are glorified brooms - avoid them at all costs. It's laser guided and I find myself following him (it's a he :D) around the room. The only knock on the Neato is the lack of a side brush and getting the dust along the edges but the new model has fixed that. Battery life is less than the Roomba but it recharges itself 3 times before it stops so that covers a lot of ground. Initially it only went for 20 minutes before needing a charge but it's double that now. The new model has a longer life but as i said, it's no big deal as it will spend a couple of hours cleaning, then go back to base, which is plenty. We just move it to the other end of the house the next day and set it off again. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Mine was on special at DJ's for $679. I've seen the new models at around $800 but they are worth it. We haven't had the vacuum out since !
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I've got a robot vacuum cleaner, It's a she, took er down the ile years ago.
Cleans every nook and cranny. Only problem is the batteries never give up. Keeps making a sound like Nag nag nag as she works and runs off champagne not electricity so is exy to run.
I tried to take it back for a refund but way past warranty and the trade in for a new model would cost as much as a house :shock:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

I had one of those too and it even sucked all my superannuation away. The problem was it had no off switch. :evil: new model is much better.
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Gumb wrote:Yep, I love mine. I looked at several and did a lot of checking on Whirlpool etc. I got a Neato VX 21. I've got friends with a Roomba and others with the LG but this thing beats them hands down for suction power. The cheap robots are glorified brooms - avoid them at all costs. It's laser guided and I find myself following him (it's a he :D) around the room. The only knock on the Neato is the lack of a side brush and getting the dust along the edges but the new model has fixed that. Battery life is less than the Roomba but it recharges itself 3 times before it stops so that covers a lot of ground. Initially it only went for 20 minutes before needing a charge but it's double that now. The new model has a longer life but as i said, it's no big deal as it will spend a couple of hours cleaning, then go back to base, which is plenty. We just move it to the other end of the house the next day and set it off again. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Mine was on special at DJ's for $679. I've seen the new models at around $800 but they are worth it. We haven't had the vacuum out since !
How does it go with corners? How does it manage to get in to them?

Ken
Ken
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Smokey Mick wrote:I've got a robot vacuum cleaner, It's a she, took er down the ile years ago.
Cleans every nook and cranny. Only problem is the batteries never give up. Keeps making a sound like Nag nag nag as she works and runs off champagne not electricity so is exy to run.
I tried to take it back for a refund but way past warranty and the trade in for a new model would cost as much as a house :shock:

Damn it...I think I got a similar model to you Mick....I think the supplier did a runner after we took delivery :lol: :lol:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

kendoll wrote: How does it go with corners? How does it manage to get in to them?

Ken
Not really, but the new model should be ok. It gets close and is a good shape with a straight front instead of the rounded shape of the Roombe etc. It gets around table legs and under the TV unit etc, places where it's hard to clean with a normal vac. I often run around the edges with a feather duster and that gets the edges and corners done. Then I set mr neato off and he does the rest.
gindemon

Post by gindemon »

We have 2 dogs and I'd heard some of them didn't handle per hair all that well. I read up on them for ages, forum reviews, professional reviews, forum comments etc. in the end went with the Neato. Supposedly had the best vacuum pull and best pathing over objects like mat edges. Downsides were that it didn't have voice commands, and was louder than other brands. I figured louder meant more suction though!

We're really really happy with it, even though they're more expensive than some of the others
"The Meat Sweats" Competitive BBQ Team
Port Macquarie 2014 - 1st
Bangalow 2014 - 1st
2014 Jack Daniels World Championship BBQ - 19th/94 overall, 1st/20 international teams
Melbourne 2015 - 3rd
Port Macquarie 2015 - 1st
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

I could use one of these :)

Jester

Post by Jester »

I want the grill version :)

Eureka Smoke - Melbourne BBQ Festival 2015 Grand Champion, 2nd - Port Macquarie March 2014
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Thats Nuts!

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Jars

Post by Jars »

Jester wrote:I want the grill version :)

Whats this "Grilling season" they're talking about? :roll: :mrgreen:
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS