Who Hunts?

Anything else NON- BBQ
Toast

Re: Who Hunts?

Post by Toast »

urbangriller wrote:Hi Toast,
Roo's are culled so they don't get out of control!

Depending on how they are killed, a lot go to pet food, but we can also buy Roo in our supermarkets.

For obvious reasons, nobody has been able to farm them!

Chris
Thanks for the reply Chris. How do they taste on the BBQ?
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Not really to my liking, very gamey and tastes soapy.
Some love it.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

I think Roo is good tucker! Like Venison, it's got a strong taste and will go tough and dry in the wink of an eye. Brine works well, it takes the "Iron" taste out and adds some needed moisture!
See my Recipe here: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/posting ... 36&p=55616

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Toast

Post by Toast »

urbangriller wrote:I think Roo is good tucker! Like Venison, it's got a strong taste and will go tough and dry in the wink of an eye. Brine works well, it takes the "Iron" taste out and adds some needed moisture!
See my Recipe here: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/posting ... 36&p=55616

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris. We soak deer and wild boar meat in milk before cooking. It draws the blood out and take most of the gamey taste away. It sure looks good in the photo.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Toast wrote: Thanks Chris. We soak deer and wild boar meat in milk before cooking. It draws the blood out and take most of the gamey taste away. It sure looks good in the photo.
I do that with Crocodile, except I make a milk brine, yes I know that sounds weird, but it works. Don't like the taste of Croc without!

Chris
Last edited by urbangriller on Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Toast

Post by Toast »

urbangriller wrote:
Toast wrote: Thanks Chris. We soak deer and wild boar meat in milk before cooking. It draws the blood out and take most of the gamey taste away. It sure looks good in the photo.
I do that with Crocodile, except I make a milk brine, yes I know that sounds wierd, but it works. Don't like the tsste of Croc without!

Chris
Very informative Sir. This is Great info! :lol: Thanks!
Shooter03

Who Hunts?

Post by Shooter03 »

I still get out and hunt. I'm a keen bowhunter and I'm yet to take a deer or pig but rabbit fox and goat have fallen to me.

This is my rig, a #70 bear truth 2. There's nothing better than getting out in the bush for a good long walk and knocking over something to eat.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!
talisker63

Who Hunts?

Post by talisker63 »

Shooter I used to target shoot a compound bow. Yours looks very scary!
I will agree that a bow can be a lot of fun and is an extra challenge when hunting...
Toast

Post by Toast »

Shooter03 wrote:I still get out and hunt. I'm a keen bowhunter and I'm yet to take a deer or pig but rabbit fox and goat have fallen to me.

This is my rig, a #70 bear truth 2. There's nothing better than getting out in the bush for a good long walk and knocking over something to eat.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!
That is one Mighty Fine Rig you have there!
Jistuason

Post by Jistuason »

Killing a deer with a bow and arrow is borderline impossible because the animals are so wary and the bow and arrow is such a short-range weapon.