Who Hunts?

Anything else NON- BBQ
Smokey

Who Hunts?

Post by Smokey »

Been a while for me as my old stamping ground had a killer by the name of Nadine roaming it :roll:
Wondering if anyone else used to or still does get out there and gather there own ?

Heres my rig, I had two of these. One in 30-06 and this one in .243 WIN. Sold the 30-06 but kept this one as it was a better dear riffle
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Percel

Re: Who Hunts?

Post by Percel »

Choot 'em, choot 'em

Choot dat, Choot dat

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

I am a hunter from way back.

Started off on Rifles (Pigs, Goats and Rabbits) from young until late teens. Then got serious on the Pigs with dogs (Ruled my life for 5 years and blew alot of money) but now, back to Rifles and only hunt when i get the chance,,,, which is next to nil.

Ive got the gear, just gotta get off my lazy arse and get out there.

I have owned many different calibres over the years and after trying all, have settled for the best all rounder Calibre, .243Win.,,,,,,,,,and of course the trusty and cheap.22.

I have a Carboard box full of Hunting Photos and a few VHS vidoes of dogs on pigs :P

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
peteru

Post by peteru »

Got a friend with a compound bow who manages to bring back something every now and then. That's real hunting! 8) :wink:

Post by Davo »

shayneh2006 wrote:I am a hunter from way back.

Started off on Rifles (Pigs, Goats and Rabbits) from young until late teens. Then got serious on the Pigs with dogs (Ruled my life for 5 years and blew alot of money) but now, back to Rifles and only hunt when i get the chance,,,, which is next to nil.

Ive got the gear, just gotta get off my lazy arse and get out there.

I have owned many different calibres over the years and after trying all, have settled for the best all rounder Calibre, .243Win.,,,,,,,,,and of course the trusty and cheap.22.

I have a Carboard box full of Hunting Photos and a few VHS vidoes of dogs on pigs :P

Shayne

Shayne, if you ever want to get a fix of piggin' again...I'll send you up to my nephew at Bundara up near Inverell.....he usually get between 5-7 big black piggies each outing with his dogs.
I used the hunt Roos in the Clarence River area back in the early 80's but haven't had the inclination since I sold my Marlin 30/30 in '85.

I guess I started to feel guilty of shooting these animals for no other reason than just to do it :roll:

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

"I guess I started to feel guilty of shooting these animals for no other reason than just to do it "

There is nothing wrong with feeling that, I had to fill roo quotas but didnt like it also.
Going bush for a week and only firing one shot for a nice meat deer is something different.

The triple deuce is not enough for a deer. Its a rabbit gun
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

Davo wrote:Shayne, if you ever want to get a fix of piggin' again...I'll send you up to my nephew at Bundara up near Inverell.....he usually get between 5-7 big black piggies each outing with his dogs.
Yeh, id be keen on that.

I could call in to your joint on the way through on my scooter, Swag and Rifle ready to go :P

The Scooter and the Strom riding through town,,,,,,,, it would be a scary site for the locals :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I love that scooter, More fun than my old RMX Suzy 250 when you think mininalist.
Did you hide it under bushes when out scouting Shayne?
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

i go gunn' for my feed of venison,

just a short stroll out either front or back door and wonder through the vineyard.....................and bam.....out come the butcher knives and a big mess all around, and, i got tucker cooling in the chiller.

i prefer bow hunting, it seems to give a cleaner flavour to the meat. must have something to do with the 1st shot ( missed ) freaking bamby, and the critter going poo poo and tainting the meat with adrenalin.

went out piggin' with a mate who runs a couple of bull arabs and uses only them and knives to bring them down..................i spent most of my time up a tree, dood, thum porkers are scary agro. i hear stories of packs of them on the roam and taking down BIG dogs.

so yeah......................i still go home grown

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

Smokey Mick wrote:I love that scooter, More fun than my old RMX Suzy 250 when you think mininalist.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one of those NSW Game Council Licences. When i park my Scooter, i pin a label to it displaying (date, ID and "Conservation Hunting"). That way, if someone comes across it, there are no excuses of thinking it has been abandoned. It also lets them know,,,, "Beware" + "do not to tamper with it" + "i am watching you and i am armed with heavy fire power" :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Commander Cody wrote:i go gunn' for my feed of venison,

just a short stroll out either front or back door and wonder through the vineyard.....................and bam.....
You lucky Ba***rd Kev. I love Venison, especially the "Hunted and Collected type"
Commander Cody wrote:must have something to do with the 1st shot ( missed ) freaking bamby, and the critter going poo poo and tainting the meat with adrenalin.
Mate, you know your shit :lol:

I remember a time i was out hunting in a forest out past Blayney. I took out this Doe with my .243 from a long way out. Projectile hit it in the chest, front on and it fell fast. When we feild dressed it, noticed an exit hole the size of a Tennis ball right under its armpit. The projectile took its Heart clean out on the way through. The meat was divided up between us and weeks later, everyone reported on how good it was.

Weeks later, we went to the same spot. Not much oppurtunity until late in the hunt. I had a go at one as a last second "botched" shot, before it took off and hit it in the Guts. Pretty messy feild dressing that one but you are right, i dont know what happened to that meat but it was soiled right through and tasted like crap, literally :lol: .
Ya wouldnt feed it to ya dog.

Wont do that again.

A clean take an if not,,,,,,, save your shot. :wink:

Shayne

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

shayneh2006 wrote:
Smokey Mick wrote:I love that scooter, More fun than my old RMX Suzy 250 when you think mininalist.

I have one of those NSW Game Council Licences. When i park my Scooter, i pin a label to it displaying (date, ID and "Conservation Hunting"). That way, if someone comes across it, there are no excuses of thinking it has been abandoned. It also lets them know,,,, "Beware" + "do not to tamper with it" + "i am watching you and i am armed with heavy fire power" :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Oh, i forgot too mention. I normally dont have any trouble when i am out there all alone. Most run away in the opposite direction when they see me coming, kitted out in my hunting/riding gear :shock:

:oops: :lol: :lol:

Shayne

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

at least you would have a clean shot at them..................

they would be rolling around laughing...............

probably be the best venison you would ever eat...........................happy kill..... :lol: :lol:

kevin
shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 »

Commander Cody wrote:at least you would have a clean shot at them..................

they would be rolling around laughing...............

probably be the best venison you would ever eat...........................happy kill.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note though, i cant see what all the fuss is about. :x . I think i look the part and ready for action :lol: :lol: mean, scary and not to be messed with...

,,,, I think even Rambo would shit his pants if he saw me jumping out from behind a tree :shock: :shock:

Shayne

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

next time i am invited to go piggin' i will send you an air fare, then when you get up here i will stay close to you............them porkers will def keep their distance from the big white hunter.... :lol: :lol:

thanks for the laugh Shayne

kevin
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

shayneh2006 wrote:
shayneh2006 wrote:

Oh, i forgot too mention. I normally dont have any trouble when i am out there all alone. Most run away in the opposite direction when they see me coming, kitted out in my hunting/riding gear :shock:

:oops: :lol: :lol:

Shayne

Holy Crap Shayne....I'd be crappin' meself if someone came at me dressed like that :shock: :lol: :lol: Is that really you??? :o :shock: :mrgreen:
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5