Jumbuck $599 Pizza oven Bunnings

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
blues87

Jumbuck $599 Pizza oven Bunnings

Post by blues87 »

Bought this a few weeks ago and for what it is it great for my needs.

Heres the assembled product. I like the Black because it hides the discoloration.

Today was the second time I used it. It took around 40mins to get to 400C. The wind picked up alot just as I was about to start cooking and this caused havoc! Everytime I'd take the door off the wind would blow ash everywhere haha. So i'll have to move the oven somewhere thats protected from wind.

Pizza's took around 2min to cook due to the wind. First time I used it, I could do 90sec pizzas.

Here are some pics of the pizzas
Margarita with mushrooms

Pesto Chicken Mushroom with rocket and balsamic glaze

Overall the pizzas were good. But dough wasnt great. I only made the dough a few hours before using.
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Jumbuck $599 Pizza oven Bunnings

Post by Davo »

I reckon they look pretty good for the trial run.....I wouldn't knock 'em back :)

There's a fair bit of talk about pizza dough in our pizza forum if you want a good read, also I was looking in the bookshop in the city (Kinokuniya) and they have a few good pizza books there.
When it comes to pizza though, I guess I'm pretty lazy...I use the Lebanese style flat bread pizza bases either in the Weber Q320 or the Kettle and they come out pretty good.
My wife prefers these to the dough style bases and she hates getting flour all over the kitchen.... :lol: Don't know why she keeps on looking over to me when she says that :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see some more pizzas come off that oven when you get right into it....one thing I like about pizza, they can be really complicated or super easy.....I love fully loaded ones :P

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

Wow, quick cooking times for the pizzas. The pizzas looked good. Yes, there is a number of posts at this forum with regard to pizza dough and bases.I have written about my preferred method using Lauke pizza flour mix, in a box. Keep the photos coming.
blues87

Post by blues87 »

Yeah I've read a few threads, now I want a bag of the fabled Caputo flour :twisted: Just need to find a supplier in my area.
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

How did I miss a pizza thread.... :roll:

They look great, and talk about quick cooking..WOW

Look forward to seeing a few more, well done.

Cheers L
blues87

Post by blues87 »

Had another crack today. Was alot better than last effort but still have a way to go. I added some solid clay bricks along the back wall to add some thermal mass. I think ive worked out how much timber i need to get and keep the oven hot and I could keep the oven around 430c easily.
Heres of the oven ready to go.

I used some pizza flour by molina pizzuti that I got from Aldi. I gave it a 24hr bulk rise then 18hr ball rise. It created a nice light and airy base. Just cooked some margarita pizza's. Pizza's cooked in no time and got that nice charring on the base and outer edge.
Heres some pics of the finished product

Overall alot better than last effort. Hopefully my 25kg bag of caputo flour comes this week so I can have more fun next weekend :D
titch

Post by titch »

They look awesome, heres me with a Pale Ale in one hand and ,nothing in the other.
I need one of them
Cheers
Titch
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

titch wrote:They look awesome, heres me with a Pale Ale in one hand and ,nothing in the other.
I need one of them
I could go the Pale Ale...boy it's warm up here mid 30's

blues - love those pizza's , feels good to work out the best way to cook things

Cheers L
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

titch wrote:They look awesome, heres me with a Pale Ale in one hand and ,nothing in the other.
I need one of them
Was there supposed to be a picture, if so it is not showing?
mymonaro

Post by mymonaro »

blues87 wrote:Had another crack today. Was alot better than last effort but still have a way to go. I added some solid clay bricks along the back wall to add some thermal mass. I think ive worked out how much timber i need to get and keep the oven hot and I could keep the oven around 430c easily.
:D
Are the bricks "kiln bricks"? Ones be suitable to be in a kiln or oven. If not and they are clay house bricks you might find they will not stand the heat and explode.
titch

Post by titch »

mymonaro wrote:
I need one of them
Was there supposed to be a picture, if so it is not showing?
Nope, no picture :wink:
Cheers
Titch
blues87

Post by blues87 »

mymonaro wrote:
blues87 wrote:Had another crack today. Was alot better than last effort but still have a way to go. I added some solid clay bricks along the back wall to add some thermal mass. I think ive worked out how much timber i need to get and keep the oven hot and I could keep the oven around 430c easily.
:D
Are the bricks "kiln bricks"? Ones be suitable to be in a kiln or oven. If not and they are clay house bricks you might find they will not stand the heat and explode.
They should be able to handle 1000deg easily and Im cooking no where near that. They were fine after yesterdays cook :D
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

cooks pizza like areal one
well done thats nice looking crust
chilling while grilling
traveller

Post by traveller »

I can't find these on the Bunnings site.. Any info as to where to get one?
traveller

Post by traveller »

Anyone here that has one and can give good and bad points? I'm still keen to buy one.