Sapore wood fired oven

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
Noonan02

Sapore wood fired oven

Post by Noonan02 »

Has anyone got a Sapore woodfired oven? http://www.saporewoodovens.com.au/produ ... fired-oven
Any comment or reviews? Apparently based in Adelaide. I like the idea of it being wider than it is deep and would fit on a bench top. Tossing up between a few different WFOs
titch

Re: Sapore wood fired oven

Post by titch »

Cant help you, but I want one, do you have any idea on price?
Cheers
Titch
Noonan02

Post by Noonan02 »

Retail $1699 without stand I think, I want to see one in the flesh but the closest store is Campbelltown and I'm in Caringbah.
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Brick hearth and stainless dome.
It will take less wood to heat up than a traditional oven but it wont have the mass/insulation ratio to do a big slow cook is my guess.
They look good though,and quick heat up suits the "busy lifestyle",(as the advertorials keep telling us)
chilling while grilling
Dupain

Post by Dupain »

Noonan02 wrote:Retail $1699 without stand I think, I want to see one in the flesh but the closest store is Campbelltown and I'm in Caringbah.
I would go for it Noonan02.

That's a great price.

I've got a similar designed oven but made in Italy. The Fontana Forni Margherita and with the stand, was $3500.

Fires up quickly.

There's also the Jamie Oliver Oven on special at Victoria Basement reduced to $2000. It's a brick oven covered in fibreglass.

Smithers73

Post by Smithers73 »

We have one and we think it is great, there are so many different types out there and this was the one that when we saw it, found it suited our requirements. We bought the one on the stand with he castors because we have it out on our patio and are able to move it around if we need to. It's supposed to be a fast heat up but I still fire mine for a couple of hours before I put any pizzas in it just to make sure I get a really good heat soak in the floor and the shell - I have had my thermometer not be able to read the floor and it reads up to 575ºC. Our last pizza night I put 16 pizzas through it over the course of the night (not a huge qty but the most for us so far). I really like the size of it as I can have four 9" pizzas lined up across the oven and another one or two near the door finishing off, but it get's a bit tricky managing so many in the oven at once. This oven is probably one of the larger ones out there on the market and for the price compared to some of the others we looked at and has by far the most room inside with a nice wide door. I have had it since October 2015 and have used it for a variety of things, pizzas (of course), roast pork and vegetables a couple of times, oysters Kilpatrick, cupcakes and a failed attempt at no knead bread :? . It got a good work out on Christmas day with some roasted tomatoes for breakfast then the roast pork and veggies for lunch and stoked it back up again for a lazy Christmas day pizza dinner. I've also cooked oysters Kilpatrick in it but I think it could have been hotter when I did them. It does cool down fairly quickly so I'm not sure about a low & slow cook (which I do want to try though) but having said that you can still feel the warmth in the oven when you get up in the morning.

Overall we are very satisfied with this oven and really looking forward to trying lots of different foods in it.