Gasmate for slow cooking

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
cellmate2121

Gasmate for slow cooking

Post by cellmate2121 »

Hi
I am looking to buy a Gasmate pizza oven but am also keen to do some low temperature slow cooking. What is the lowest temperature that these can be run at ie at the minimum setting. I do not want to buy a separate smoker, trying to get the best of both worlds.
Thanks
Adrian
LooseSox

Re: Gasmate for slow cooking

Post by LooseSox »

According to the temp gauge on mine, I've had it sitting at around 120C. I wasn't trying for low n slow, just needed to finish a few things off that wouldn't fit in the oven in the kitchen a few months back. Whether you trust the temp gauge or not is the question... I can tell you that there are 3 quite different temps on each of the 3 shelves based on how my pizzas cook. I do have a digital probe I could try out at some stage over the weekend if you ca wait a few days? The included smoker box works well, load it up with hickory every pizza cook and people that haven't seen the oven swear they are eating a wood oven pizza.
LooseSox

Post by LooseSox »

Ok, got my readings done last night. Started the oven from cold as to not have any false readings by starting it up at high temp. Probably not what you want to hear, but at the lowest setting the oven maintained 155C at the lowest setting measured with a digital probe thermometer.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Yep, my Hark Gas Pizza Oven says that as well.
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!