Jumbuck stainless steel pizza oven (Bunnings)

Mmmm Pizza (how to build and use)
aw65

Jumbuck stainless steel pizza oven (Bunnings)

Post by aw65 »

Hi, I am in the research phase of pizza ovens, thrown around the Kamado scenario, but have a want for a WFO. I have been looking for a lighter weight pizza oven and like the look of the Maximus, but saw a Jumbuck at Bunnings, it has a foil wrapped insulation blanket in it, but I am unsure of how long it will hold its heat.
Has anyone used seen or know of someone who has one?
I like he look of the Maximus but the Jumbuck is half the price.
Andrew
Gumb

Re: Jumbuck stainless steel pizza oven (Bunnings)

Post by Gumb »

Have you read through the Maximus thread in the pizza ovens section on here ? I think you know what i'll recommend. :D

The Jumbuck won't do them like the Max will.
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

I haven't tried the jumbuck, but I can vouch for the Maximus as being a great pizza oven.
aw65

Post by aw65 »

Hi Gumb and Narmnaleg,
Yes I have read through your posts, that is what first got me interested in the Maximus, just checking all options first though. Did you buy the Maximus from ebay or direct?
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

ebay, but I think if you go direct they are little cheaper. They are in QLD but they ship out of Melbourne.
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

The only other similar type I've used is the Garth upright like this......

It belongs to a mate who can't get the hang of it and isn't cheap at around $1200. For that price you could buy a kamado and a Max !
It takes a while to get going, has a small fire box and it's difficult to control the heat and oven temps. I've done pizzas and roasts in it and it's OK but nowhere near as good as a kamado for roasts or Max for pizzas.
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

I bought it off ebay simply because ebay had a special at the time where they paid $250 toward the purchase of anything in the BBQ section. Otherwise I would have purchased it direct as it is cheaper. Also, the seller was excellent and great to deal with. Great communication and shipping was quick too.